Resolved iPhone 6 + just died and sending to Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noslenam, Oct 22, 2014.

1. noslenam macrumors member

noslenam

Very odd, I was using my day one release 6+ and just hit the home button to wake it up. I was just about to backup and update from 8.0 to 8.1 when it shut off. I proceeded to restart the phone and it went into a boot reboot cycle. After about ten minutes I was able to get it on and back it up. I then noticed it showed 100% charge after all day usage. So I updated to 8.1 with no issues. I used it the rest if the night and plugged it into the wall over night. I woke up to a dead phone that would only show the black screen with battery symbol and a thin red line.

Well crap my first iphone that has ever crapped out on me.

Anyone else hearing of any issues?

Seems to be hardware because it won't charge or hold a charge. Anyways all the local apple stores are 3-4 weeks back ordered. So I just sent it off to Apple and hopefully will have it back 5-7 days.
    I'm having a hard time typing on this little 5s :).

Other than the recent issue I'm loving the 6+

Great battery life when it was working. I guess I'll have to pull out the mini for awhile.

2. goknicks macrumors member

good luck. hope it gets resolved/repaired asap.

3. noslenam thread starter macrumors member

noslenam

Ok I would like to say great job Apple! I sent my dead iPhobe 6+ to apple and as soon as the UPS store entered it into the system Apple had a new phone shipped next day air to me. Unfortunately it was a Friday so I had to wait till Monday but great job apple. I was a bit upset because I had a new screen protector that had to be removed. After a few chats and calls with some very helpful support people I was compensated for my troubles.
    My new 6+ battery life on 8.1 is fantastic. Pulled the phone off the charger at 6:30am and as I type its11:59 pm and I'm on 34%.love this phone.

Great job Apple keep up the great work,

4. dannyTO macrumors regular

dannyTO