iPhone 6 keyboard issues/problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by greadlee, Sep 22, 2014.

1. greadlee macrumors newbie

as a lot of the people here, I got my iPhone 6 last Friday on the launch day. I restored from iCloud and immediately I noticed there's a lag/delay in typing. I thought it was just during the initiation process but the keyboard is still not very responsive after my restoration had completed overnight.

it's so annoying that there be missing letters, spaces, etc when I text and I know I have hit the key. I notice it's more along the edge of the phone. the "a" key, "p" key, "backspace" key in particular are very not responsive. I went online and saw several posts in the apple support forum about such problem. and it seems like some other people are experiencing similar issues.

I think (hope) it is a software problem.

Do any of you guys have this issue with the keyboard?

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

try a complete restore of the iOS and see if it helps.

3. greadlee thread starter macrumors newbie

like restore from my iCloud backup again? or restore to factory setting?

4. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

factory settings. backup your iPhone via iCloud and iTunes and do a restore.

5. greadlee thread starter macrumors newbie

so basically doing going back to the start again when i first got my phone. Errr it's gonna take me hours and hours to restore. And I don't even know if it's a sure fix.

I might wait a couple days see how common this issue is with other users and maybe Apple will release an IOS update to fix it?

Thanks for the suggestion though.