iPhone 6+ laggy

Prissy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009
So I've compared my 5S and 6+ side by side by pressing the home button twice on both phones at the same time to see which device will get to the multitask screen, it turned out that my 5S is about 1/3 sec faster than my 6+. Both devices has the same of everything (amount of apps, # of apps opened, photos, music... etc.). I can definitely feel the delay on my 6+. :apple:

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
What?? A third of a second? I have them both and can't see any difference. Let's kill this thread.... :cool:

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
What did you expect? The screen size is like doubled. Of course its not going to be as snappy as the smaller phones. That being said, I still absolutely love my 6+/

Cryates

macrumors 68020
Nov 19, 2013
Chattanooga, TN
Omg. A whole 1/3 second. Here's an idea...quit comparing your phone side by side, enjoy your 6+ and you won't notice any lag you think you have right now.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
The 1/3rd of second is undermining the situation.

I wouldn't care about that, but I find noticeable lag in my 6+.

Refer to the thread I created.

I hope it's just iOS and not the hardware itself.

revenent

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
So I've compared my 5S and 6+ side by side by pressing the home button twice on both phones at the same time to see which device will get to the multitask screen, it turned out that my 5S is about 1/3 sec faster than my 6+. Both devices has the same of everything (amount of apps, # of apps opened, photos, music... etc.). I can definitely feel the delay on my 6+. :apple:
How you come to this value? How was this measured? Is this an average?

Prissy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009
Download 8.0.2. Although I haven't experienced the issue but the update mentioned something about that.
What?? A third of a second? I have them both and can't see any difference. Let's kill this thread.... :cool:
What did you expect? The screen size is like doubled. Of course its not going to be as snappy as the smaller phones. That being said, I still absolutely love my 6+/
Omg. A whole 1/3 second. Here's an idea...quit comparing your phone side by side, enjoy your 6+ and you won't notice any lag you think you have right now.
The 1/3rd of second is undermining the situation.

I wouldn't care about that, but I find noticeable lag in my 6+.

Refer to the thread I created.

I hope it's just iOS and not the hardware itself.
Still have time for a return.
How you come to this value? How was this measured? Is this an average?
Was watching taiwanese news 5 mins ago, there's been tests that the iphone 5S start-up is also faster than the iphone 6, they are saying it's the new iOS being smoother on the 5S.

The phone only feels laggy when I double click the home button and it's very obvious since I used to use a 5S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.