Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dpfghela

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
Hi, New to this forum. Thinking about camping out for the new iPhone. Wondered what people's past experience of this was... And if you managed to be successful... Or if others are intending to camp this time round.

gingerpaul

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
thurrock essex
apple lakeside queing

Hi i went Apple store Lakeside essex 2 years ago at 3 am to start queing, there was about 50 scalpers already in front of me and by the time it was light and the centre opened there were over 200 in front as they all had other scalpers and friends turn up all getting 2 handsets each, absolutely a joke, got in the shopping centre about 10am when Apple staff were now handing out cards for a handset for you only 2 each,by then they were out of 16gb models, and then had to further que outside Apple store, which they let in so many at a time. I witnessed one Asain guy paying for loads of iPhones with wads of cash so Apple don't care who buys them as long as they meet there target sales. Good luck if you go, Ive pre ordered my iPhone 6 plus in the EE store and will be collecting on launch morning anyway, they never let me down.

Dpfghela

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
Hi i went Apple store Lakeside essex 2 years ago at 3 am to start queing, there was about 50 scalpers already in front of me and by the time it was light and the centre opened there were over 200 in front as they all had other scalpers and friends turn up all getting 2 handsets each, absolutely a joke, got in the shopping centre about 10am when Apple staff were now handing out cards for a handset for you only 2 each,by then they were out of 16gb models, and then had to further que outside Apple store, which they let in so many at a time. I witnessed one Asain guy paying for loads of iPhones with wads of cash so Apple don't care who buys them as long as they meet there target sales. Good luck if you go, Ive pre ordered my iPhone 6 plus in the EE store and will be collecting on launch morning anyway, they never let me down.

Interesting. I've preordered with ee but on the Saturday. I believe there are 60ish orders ahead of me but they were confident they'd have stock. I've read a few others saying ee came through for em.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.