iPhone 6+ Landscape Issue with latest update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DougFNJ, Apr 19, 2015.

1. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

I've been experiencing this more lately, I click the power button to turn it on while holding in portrait mode, it opens in landscape, and remains for a second before switching to portrait.

While still on and now in portrait, I tap Mail, it opens in landscape mode while still holding it in portrait. It's been happening more lately since I updated to 8.3.

Is anyone else having this issue, and is there a fix? I shut down all apps and powered down/up and hard reset (Power + Home buttons). This fixes it temporarily but it happens again after a few hours.

Thanks for any help.

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

My 6+ has landscape issues but they have been present from day one. 8.3 neither started nor cured them.

I often unlock my phone and it's in landscape mode but the worst annoyance is with the app switcher. Often I'll be in portrait, open the app switcher and it's in landscape. Rotating the phone does nothing to cure this and I have to click on my homescreen, then rotate the phone.

3. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

Landscape on the 6 Plus is a bad joke.
    I always lock the orientation in Portrait.

4. EOB macrumors regular

New update, makes my iPhone 6+ do this often, 2-3 times a day.

5. cababah macrumors 68000

This

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

Landscape mode is definitely a novelty feature and needs a lot of work. Most devs haven't even bothered to update their apps to support it, effectively making it useless.