iPhone 6 landscape

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by crashoverride77, Sep 24, 2014.

1. crashoverride77 macrumors 65816

You guys think they might add this in the future. It seems to make sense only on the plus however having had my 6 for a few days I def think the 4.7 inch screen is big enough.
    :apple:

2. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

I hope they do but knowing Apple I'm not holding my breath. The dock can easily fit 5 icons but has Apple allowed/done that? Nope

3. crashoverride77 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah I agree with having move dock apps than 4. Hopefully they might change this in the feature, since it doesn't seem to be too difficult to add since the screen is big enough on the 6.

4. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

This probably doesn't hold up, but just throwing it out there. It could be that the iPhone 6 pixel density isn't high enough.

Ever notice that text isn't as sharp when holding your iPhone in landscape mode? (also, when using a widescreen monitor in portrait)?

I'm not 100% clear on why this is, but I believe it's to do with subpixel smoothing, or because most screens are optimised for certain viewing angles - but I'm not sure. Still, I can definitely see a difference between portrait and landscape.

Perhaps they just want to limit extra landscape options to a higher density display which will be smoother.

Again, this probably doesn't hold up - they allow landscape in everything else. But Apple's logic can be very confusing at times!

I agree, I'd like to see landscape homescreens on the iPhone 6.