Iphone 6 + : leather case vs. silicon case fro Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by davidgnomo, Sep 30, 2014.

1. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

Does anyone know which one is best against a possible bending threat ?

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Best option against bending is a hard, slider type case.

p.s. no way in hell I would ever go with leather since it might discolor or fray over time, silicone is the better option of the two apple cases imo.

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

4. chrise2 macrumors 6502

Personally, I don't think any case is going to provide much protection from bending. Maybe an Otterbox or something might be good for a few extra pounds of force.

5. bob24 macrumors 6502

Neither will help really. You would need a case made of much harer material (mostly metal) and that wraps around the phone a bit more.

6. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

7. Clevans macrumors regular

Iphone 6 + : leather case vs. silicon case fro Apple

I asked today when I got my 6 plus and was told the silicone is the best

8. Hal~9000, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Personally I ****ing hate Incase :mad: Bunch of greedy, overpriced bastards that make piss poor fitting products (I know from previous buying experience).

I'd recommend CaseCrowns Lux Glider (http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Glider-Black-Obsidian-iPhone/dp/B00LW8YJ56) instead:
    - $12 via Amazon (vs $35 for Incase)
    - Soft felt material (vs harder plastic)
    - NON-PROFIT company (vs greedy company)

[​IMG]

9. Nee412 macrumors 6502

I've had my 6+ since last Wednesday, and it's been in an Apple silicon case since Thursday. I've kept it in the front pocket of my skinny fit jeans around 15 hours a day.

No signs of bending at all.

10. davidgnomo thread starter macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

Is the silicon case rigid or quite soft like the leather one ?

11. flux73 macrumors 65816

What do you mean "soft like the the leather one"? The leather one is a rigid case. Without a phone in it, it holds its shape.

12. generalsmart macrumors regular

In my experience, Incase cases have rubber pads inside that leave permanent marks on the phones.

13. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Care to share your experience? I've only had a couple Incase products but don't have any complaints. I'm currently using an Incase hardshell for my Retina MacBook Pro, absolutely love it. No problems in a year of use. Didn't buy it for MSRP either, purchased it ~40% off on Amazon.

I have tried something cheaper and the clips on the case started chipping off. It was a cheap off-brand on Amazon that had numerous positive reviews. All I can say in my situation is "I got what I paid for".

Not trying to discredit your experience, just would like to hear about it. I've had successes with cheaper brands before (Loved my Poetic Atmosphere case for the iPhone 5s).

14. cypressc macrumors member

cypressc

definitely get a case with something sharp on the back. that way you won't be tempted to press both your fingers into the center of the phone and attempt to bend it.

15. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

Obviously a personal choice, but to me the allure of a leather product is the wear. Sure a new leather jacket is nice, but a well worn one is choice.
    I have the brown leather smart case on my iPad mini and after a year's worth of wear it looks awesome.

16. Nee412 macrumors 6502

It's more rigid than the leather one. Obviously it's still a soft case, but it feels completely solid when on the iPhone. It adds extra grip as well.

17. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

i'm rocking the leather case from Apple but only because they sent it to me for free. It has done a great job protecting my 6 Plus so far though, and that includes chasing a 3 year old around a playground.