iPhone 6 left corner creaking/cracking sound when pressed.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jason1978, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Jason1978 macrumors regular

Anyone have this issue? My ocd kicks in with every new iPhone purchase. It drives me crazy!!! I don't feel like returning :/

2. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I have a similar issue with mine, but I also have a small gap between the upper left corner where the black screen meets the grey top. I would assume its caused by a glue issue of some sort, but on mine the gap is large enough that I can slip a piece of paper down into it. I'm currently dealing with AppleCare on getting a replacement. I tried to exchange it at the local Apple Store, but I was told "that was the way it was designed?":mad:

3. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow that is not cool! I hope you get it worked out. I don't think I see any gaps at all thank god. Still don't know if this is worthy enough for me to return

4. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok the clicking went away. Not gonna worry because I think the same happened with my 5s. Every iPhone I get no matter how many times I exchange it seem to have a small imperfection. Normal I guess

5. mailboxbetacoin macrumors 6502

top left corner? I have got that too. Once I press and it makes that noise, you can't replicate it until you try again hours later

6. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

Yah actually it's bottom right corner. It is gone now may come back but screw it if I take it back there will be something else with another phone

7. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Just tried every corner on my iphone 6 . Flawless #

8. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

9. Valkyre macrumors 6502

Take it back for a replacement. I had the exact same issue with my iphone 5c and they replaced it.

10. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok but I might have to wait a bit right? Until they have regular stock? I bought it from future shop

11. Valkyre macrumors 6502

Probably, but i would visit an apple store if you have one near you. In my case i didnt go immediately to replace the phone , but the problem got worse and in fact a big portion fo the screen was squeaking, as if there is a gap between the glass and the screen.

12. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

Ohhhhh ok thanks

13. Jason1978, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014

Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

iPhone 6 left corner creaking/cracking sound when pressed.

What causes the small click sound with pressure? Does it mean that the screen is not put on properly? It seems that most devices have this including the 5s

14. gavroche, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014

gavroche macrumors 6502a

gavroche

I have this problem too. Does it when pressing just next to the volume buttons. Quote noticeable. Just did a search of Apple support forums and see a number of people have this issue. Common theme is it's always in the upper left. So i'll wait a little bit before taking it back, to make sure i get one from a batch that comes after they are likely to have fixed the production problem.

Update: Went to the Apple store today and they replaced it no problem. Of note, he did not seem surprised to see the issue. And he told me that the cause is battery swelling. So apparently some units have a defective battery, which swells, pushing up on the screen.

15. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

Exactly the same issue on my 16gb, my 128gb is flawless though.

I'm with O2 in the UK - they are sending a courier to swap mine with a brand new unit :)