Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ruler22

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
PA
My phone is locking up and gets really unresponsive at times for 10-15 seconds at times using certain apps. Happened once using FB messenger (which just updated last night, so maybe it could've been an app issue - I'll see), using instagram, and using calculator from the lock screen.

I'm really hoping this is an iOS issue, as these are issues that plagued me using my previous phone (Galaxy S3), and it was a driving reason why I wanted to go back to iPhone, as my phone prior to that was iPhone 5, and I just loved how I never had any lag/un-responsive issues with that phone.

Has anyone else had these issues intermittently?

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Wow, 10-15 seconds :eek:

I take it you've already tried fresh restoring through iTunes? (not from backup)

ruler22

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
PA
That's at most, usually it might just be a few seconds, but it's annoying. Also, it is fairly intermittent, I don't want it to come across as happening all the time.

I've started this iPhone from fresh, so I'm not sure if restoring would be necessary?

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
That's at most, usually it might just be a few seconds, but it's annoying. Also, it is fairly intermittent, I don't want it to come across as happening all the time.

I've started this iPhone from fresh, so I'm not sure if restoring would be necessary?

Yeah, I only asked because sometimes people get a new phone and restore from backup immediately instead of starting fresh.

I don't know the answer to this issue though. Besides someone on here knowing the answer the only options you seem to have are:
1) restore through iTunes
2) see an apple store genius about it

No way the phone should be locking up for that long with a fresh version of iOS 8.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I never have started fresh when I got a new phone and always restored using a backup and have NEVER had any problems.

If I were the OP I would be deleting added apps and add them one at a time to see if you can find the problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.