iPhone 6 looks and feel so damn nice naked!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 212rikanmofo, Apr 25, 2015.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

I decided to take off the case off my iPhone 6+ after about 8 months with it on and why it feels and look absolutely stunning! I forgot how sexy the iPhone looks and feel naked. Wish I can use the it like this but I'm OCD about my stuff. I'll enjoy it while I'm home for a bit and back on with the case it goes.

Really miss looking at this thing without a case on. Gorgeous and feels so expensive!

2. mrdm, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015

mrdm macrumors regular

I started with a case on my 6+ but within a few weeks took it off and have been enjoying the phone without one ever since. This design, in particular, feels so different without a case because the reduced weight and thinness makes it feel less like a "phablet" yet provides all of the advantages of a large screen. It is easier to pocket and use on a daily basis without the case. Also - as you said, it looks fantastic.

After ~7 months of daily use the phone has held up remarkably well. The finish really hides scratches and it looks like new. I have dropped it a few times on carpet, grass/dirt and in the car from a mount/holder to the floormats. Overall, I've found the phone to be very durable. If scuffs and scratches start to appear in the future I'll just chalk it up to adding a layer "character".

Sure, if I were to drop it on a hard surface the screen could shatter or the aluminum case could dent but I've seen and read postings where these things happen to others even while using a reasonably sized case. If I were to wrap it in a case, accidentally drop it and the screen shattered anyway - I would have missed out the enjoyment of using it without a case for nothing. Given that, my thinking was why not enjoy it as it was designed?

3. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

For sales purposes I always throw a case on my iPhone, my 6+ has been in a case since day one and that'll never change.

The iPhone 6/6+ do feel great without a case but are way too slippery for my taste.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

If only the iPhones weren't as slippery as they are without anything in them.

5. wxman2003 Suspended

After 5 months, I took the case off my 6+ for good. Oddly enough, I tend to be more careful with the phone now that it has no case. I could not go back to using a case. After 7 months of ownership it seems like an old phone now, plus I have Applecare.

6. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Same here . Been rocking the phone naked since day one . And if you're wondering , it looks great . No scratches or nothing .

7. FieldingMellish Suspended

8. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

Carbon fiber skin=Same great lightweight feel, no scratches. Was going to go with a clear skin, but love the way blue carbon fiber looks on the back!

9. bushido Suspended

bushido

I bought Apple Care+ on my iPhone 6 so i dont care. I drop it all the time, nothing major just off the couch or bed or something. Ive tried multiple cases in the past but i just cant. I bought it last fall and it still looks flawless without a case

10. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

I just received my Rhino shield crash guard.. ( it's a bumper) . After I saw the drop test with this bumper, I thought why not? It gives a good grip so the 6+ doesn't feel so slippery. As a matter of fact, I dropped my 6+ more with ultra thin case than with this bumper. Lol it's very close to a naked phone, and has a nice ridge covering the edges of the bezel. Feels light weight, and protective. I've had it about a week now, and still loving it. might be a good middle ground between case and naked. I recommend buying one and trying it out. The cost is minimal, (24.99) and worth giving it a try IMO. I just thought I'd share because it feels like a nice middle ground between naked and a case.

11. Miltz macrumors 6502

every time I take off my case to clean my phone I say the same thing. It really feels amazing. If I didn't care about dropping it or resale value I wouldn't use a case. I remember not using a case on my iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 models. Although they never got messed up, they did look more worn out.

12. stevemiller macrumors 65816

Whenever I have it in the leather case, it seems to turn into a magnet for crap to build up around the edges of the case. Stays way cleaner with nothing on it.

That said, with no case, i find it way too slippery and feel like I have to handle it with a ridiculous amount of care. And even using reachability, I've almost dropped it a bunch of times trying to use it one handed. I will for sure go back to a 4" phone if they offer it in the future.

13. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

For me, when I start taking off the case on any of my previous iPhones, meant i'm at a stage where I don't care in protecting it as much, because in the not so distant future, a new iPhone will emerge. Do you think it may be the same for you?

I have a 6+ still on a Apple leather case. My 5S is in a sleeve. I already dropped, 5S, twice and it landed on the exposed side of the sleeve. There is a dent and a fairly deep scratch on the top antenna bands. I was at the gym and it slipped out of my poly shorts twice and landed on the metal framing of the nautilus machine. This is how I figured where and why I have two areas of damage.

I wondered how much Apple will charge me just to replace that top band. Both marks on it - thankfully, I guess. Do you know if antenna bands can be replaced and how much. If not, I really don't care at this stage, was just curious.

14. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I've never had my iPhones in a case.. until the iPhone 6. I'm just not comfortable laying my 6 down on its camera lens.

15. mrdm macrumors regular

The lens is made out of sapphire crystal which is very scratch resistant. The only material more scratch resistant is diamond. If you look closely you will also see that the lens sits slightly below the metal ring such that the lens itself does not come in contact with the surface when the phone is resting on its back. There is no guarantee that the lens won't scratch but for what it is worth I've placed my phone on every surface imaginable without a case, resting on the lens and it is still crystal clear.

16. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Oh, I didn't know that. Thank you for the info :) perhaps I'll try taking the case off and seeing how it goes. I'll have to admit, the iPhone 6 is rather nice looking, it's a shame to cover it with a case.

17. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The ring around the camera scratches though and looks a mess.

18. mrdm macrumors regular

You have good eyes :). YMMV - mine looks fine as far as I can tell.

19. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

To me, it feels too slippery and cold without a case on. I prefer it with a case!

20. Ringside macrumors regular

Ringside

I'm case-less 80% of the time. Same story with every iPhone. Buy a bunch of cases at first to test out but they always end up collecting dust. I always use some type of back skin for scratch protection. I have a simple (doesn't wrap around the corners) clear skin on the back and it's unbelievable! Provides so much more grip than any case I own. Can almost hold the phone completely vertical on my fingers and it doesn't slide at all. No case can match it. For me it has really enhanced the user experience, especially for one handed use.

Attached Files:

21. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Feels nice until you put a big dent on it if you drop it :D

22. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I switch between using the official black leather case and a clear silicone case.

Both used purely for grip when using the handset.

I prefer the silicone option as its near as can be to having it 'naked'

I wish their was some kind of product that affixed to the sides of the iPhone to just add grip. #

23. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

Would love to know the brand/where you bought this :).

24. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

+1

Sounds like a good compromise.

Link please #

25. Ringside macrumors regular

Ringside

It's this one here: http://www.armorsuit.com/cell-phone...or-easy-installation-back-skin-protector.html

I got it just for the back protector but it does come with a screen shield as well. Never liked these skin type shields for the front but the back is wonderful. Looks nice as well and the fit & cutouts are really good! I tried about 4 different ones for the 6 and this was by far my favorite. Picked it up on Amazon for $7.00. Here's what it looks like on my phone, not a great pic but you get the idea.

Attached Files: