Iphone 6+ Loose Button?

Mum4519

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
When I move my thumb around my home button, it moves ever so slightly to the point where you can feel the move but cannot visually. I did the same to my iphone 4 and iPad and did not feel it.

Can anybody at all tell me theirs slightly does as well so I can chill out? Thanks!

macher

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2012
When I move my thumb around my home button, it moves ever so slightly to the point where you can feel the move but cannot visually. I did the same to my iphone 4 and iPad and did not feel it.

Can anybody at all tell me theirs slightly does as well so I can chill out? Thanks!
My silent button is a bit loose.

Nate.

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2012
Chicago, IL

Felt this exact same thing today actually, it just jostles a bit. It's not even really concerning or anything, just weird, I tried it on my 5S and it didn't move at all. Like you said, I can't see anything wrong with the button but I do feel it move around a bit.

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2013
lots of displays I've looked at (about 3) were all loose, the side buttons, the silent switch, didn't test home button though.

Oddly enough all pluses too, I tried about 3 different iphone 6's and didnt find loose buttons.

Mum4519

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
lots of displays I've looked at (about 3) were all loose, the side buttons, the silent switch, didn't test home button though.

Oddly enough all pluses too, I tried about 3 different iphone 6's and didnt find loose buttons.
Yea, my wife got the 6 and hers doesn't have a hint of looseness...

Last edited:

Mum4519

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
I'm hoping some other people can chime in so I can get a better feel about the situation.

Vegaspilot

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2010
iPhone 6 64gb space grey. Home button has a hint of looseness/wiggles. Hard to see, more of a feel. There's a bit of side to side play. Actually up/down click is good and solid. It bugs me a bit, but as the screen seems good, I'm doing my best to let it go.

Mum4519

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
iPhone 6 64gb space grey. Home button has a hint of looseness/wiggles. Hard to see, more of a feel. There's a bit of side to side play. Actually up/down click is good and solid. It bugs me a bit, but as the screen seems good, I'm doing my best to let it go.
This is SPOT ON to how mine is as well. I have the 6+, 64GB , Space Gray.

Souskei

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2013
Mine iPhone 6 was loose exactly how you described.

I just clicked and held it down and turned clockwise while holding the button down. It went away.. I dunno if that fixed permanently or not.. But the wobble is gone.. For now..

Mum4519

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
Mine iPhone 6 was loose exactly how you described.

I just clicked and held it down and turned clockwise while holding the button down. It went away.. I dunno if that fixed permanently or not.. But the wobble is gone.. For now..
Interesting. So it sounds like this is common for the 6+ then.

Souskei

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2013
Tbh I wouldn't worry about it.

Worst case, they replace the phone or repair the button under manufacture warranty. (AC+ not needed)

My iPhone 5 silent switch just stopped working all together and they fixed it free of charge under warranty. (I didn't have ac+ on it)

Btw - my wobble is still gone after the push and twist thing I did.

Fireball Dragon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2012
Chigwell, England
My iPhone 5 had this. From my experience, you won't notice it as your honeymoon period with the phone fades.

I know how you feel (as I am a little OCD with my gadgets, too!) but to be honest, it is very difficult to find a perfect iPhone. I could go through over 10 boxes and fault each of them on something or the other.

IMO, I wouldn't risk an exchange for something so slight, as the next iPhone could have something bigger wrong with it.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
My home button is completely fine, there's no looseness at all. I didn't even realize that it could be loose since it's different now with the TouchID, unlike before when it was just a button. And thankfully all the other buttons are also firmly placed and not loose.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
My iPhone 5 had this. From my experience, you won't notice it as your honeymoon period with the phone fades.

I know how you feel (as I am a little OCD with my gadgets, too!) but to be honest, it is very difficult to find a perfect iPhone. I could go through over 10 boxes and fault each of them on something or the other.

IMO, I wouldn't risk an exchange for something so slight, as the next iPhone could have something bigger wrong with it.
Premium build quality eh!

macher

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2012
My damn OCD getting the better of me. It is there though - just not to the Average Joe.

----------

Anyone else?
I'm heading to the Apple Store today cause I should at least get a device that 'tight'.

Mum4519

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014

I agree with you on this. During this honeymoon phase, my OCD takes over and it's almost like I'm trying to find something wrong with it, thus driving me crazy! In about a month or so I will forget I even had this problem.

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
No hint of looseness on the home button on my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB space grey

Mum4519

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
I'm going to go to the Apple Store on lunch break to check out the display units. I hate having OCD!

Mum4519

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
Just got back from the Apple store. Out of the four display units, two of them had looser buttons, and the other two did not. Must just be luck of the draw whether your button is looser or firm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.