Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vaughany1989

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
I recently noticed that my ip6+ had a loose screen on the top left hand side (when I pressed the screen there it would make a click sound) have sent it back to apple and receiving a replacement device tommorow :) :) just wondering if anyone else has had this problem????

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I recently noticed that my ip6+ had a loose screen on the top left hand side (when I pressed the screen there it would make a click sound) have sent it back to apple and receiving a replacement device tommorow :) :) just wondering if anyone else has had this problem????

yeah... its happened before, warrants a automatic free replacement.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
nope
i have the loose screen issue on the same spot but no bend. externally anyway.
i think the fault is in the fact that the aluminium is not an exact fit to the glass and hence the glass has to bend a certain way to accomodate, hence the 'loose'-ness.

Mine doesnt 'click' so I'm keeping it. This problem has been here since the iphone 5 and I don't see it going away. most phones have it so I'd rather keep mine rather than have another phone that may also have it, and plus another potentially more annoying issue.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
nope
i have the loose screen issue on the same spot but no bend. externally anyway.
i think the fault is in the fact that the aluminium is not an exact fit to the glass and hence the glass has to bend a certain way to accomodate, hence the 'loose'-ness.

Mine doesnt 'click' so I'm keeping it. This problem has been here since the iphone 5 and I don't see it going away. most phones have it so I'd rather keep mine rather than have another phone that may also have it, and plus another potentially more annoying issue.

I think the chances of getting a bad phone are overstated in the forum. I'd be concerned about getting debris or moisture in the phone if there is a gap. But there's nothing wrong with keeping it if you're OK with it. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.