iPhone 6+ loose screen!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vaughany1989, Nov 13, 2014.

1. vaughany1989 macrumors newbie

I recently noticed that my ip6+ had a loose screen on the top left hand side (when I pressed the screen there it would make a click sound) have sent it back to apple and receiving a replacement device tommorow :) :) just wondering if anyone else has had this problem????

2. Bahroo macrumors 68000

yeah... its happened before, warrants a automatic free replacement.

3. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

It seems like this is caused by very slight bending on that side of the phone.

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I was about to say the same. The effects of bend-gate has caused loose screen-gate. Will these gates ever end?

5. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

nope
    i have the loose screen issue on the same spot but no bend. externally anyway.
    i think the fault is in the fact that the aluminium is not an exact fit to the glass and hence the glass has to bend a certain way to accomodate, hence the 'loose'-ness.

Mine doesnt 'click' so I'm keeping it. This problem has been here since the iphone 5 and I don't see it going away. most phones have it so I'd rather keep mine rather than have another phone that may also have it, and plus another potentially more annoying issue.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I think the chances of getting a bad phone are overstated in the forum. I'd be concerned about getting debris or moisture in the phone if there is a gap. But there's nothing wrong with keeping it if you're OK with it. :)