Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicinmyheart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2015
New York
Had major freezing and charging issues on iphone 6 went in last thursday and got a new unit form apple

since last three days it has been freeezing my touch scren like anything

https://vid.me/H19y

here is a video of it

anyone else had this happen? happened on 8.4.1 and i updated to 9.0.1 same issue

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Had major freezing and charging issues on iphone 6 went in last thursday and got a new unit form apple

since last three days it has been freeezing my touch scren like anything

https://vid.me/H19y

here is a video of it

anyone else had this happen? happened on 8.4.1 and i updated to 9.0.1 same issue
I have the same exact issue. It only occurs occasionally though and I didn't notice it until 8.4.1. I'm going to install 9.0.2 soon, hopefully that will fix it.

musicinmyheart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2015
New York
I have the same exact issue. It only occurs occasionally though and I didn't notice it until 8.4.1. I'm going to install 9.0.2 soon, hopefully that will fix it.
I am installing 9.0.2 now but this is just stupid. But what scares me is that it happened in 8.4.1 making me think this is a hardware vs. a software issue.

The quality of apple products has really gone down!

digitard

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
I wouldn't necessarily say that... but the higher production volumes makes it more noticeable most likely.

I think it's something like 4% of products have failures. Maybe it's less, but let's say 4%.

If Apple sold 12m iPhone 6S series devices just on launch that's over 400,000 issues based on a standard failure rate. The more they produce, the more potentially affected units go into the wild.

In short, the more popular a product is, and the more they produce... you've got more devices in the wild that are expected just by industry rates to fail.

NOTE: I know you have a non-S unit, but I was just saying the S since they announced the 12m+ already so it was an easy number to example out.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
I am installing 9.0.2 now but this is just stupid. But what scares me is that it happened in 8.4.1 making me think this is a hardware vs. a software issue.

The quality of apple products has really gone down!
I can't speak on the hardware vs software issue. But it does seem that the quality of Apple products has gone down. iOS 8 was bad for me and iOS 9 has had two updates since release, is this the fastest that Apple has released a X.0.1 to be shortly followed up by a X.0.2?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.