iPhone 6 - mic issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sherm41, Oct 4, 2014.

1. sherm41 macrumors member

Apr 10, 2010
    hello friends, today when making phone calls i found out that no one could hear my voice on regualr phone calls but could on speakerphone...any common issues? software or hardware issue?

closest apple store is 2 hrs away, trying to save a trip if possible. i have tried to power down and restart and still no change, current ios is 8.0.2.
  2. Sacha2304 macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2014
    Dont restore from a backup, this can sometime cause unexplainable problems. Do a factory reset and set up your iPhone as if it was new. Hopefully this helps. Also your phone comes with 90 days free support so call apple if a hard factory resent doesn't help.
  3. lcs101 macrumors regular

Jan 28, 2010
    Make sure you don't have the ambient microphone by the camera covered. I know sometimes people keep that plastic on the back of the phone trying to preserve the phone, which covers this. It messes with the primary mic, although I'm not sure why it would be different when on speaker phone, so that might not be your issue.
  4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Jan 11, 2007
    North Central Florida
    The last phone I had that happen with, a Palm Treo, had to be replaced.

For kicks i'd try the backup, then set up as new - but odds are it is a hardware issue (unless the mic covered thing comes into play).
  5. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Jun 3, 2008
    Central Cali
    Can someone post a photo of where the ambient mic is located? I would be great to go with this thread.
  6. childoftheko4n macrumors regular

Oct 18, 2011
    Did you restore? If so any luck?

I seem to be having same issue. On occasional call my mic seems to drop for some reason.
  7. http2786 macrumors newbie

Oct 18, 2014
    same problem

this morning I tried to make a call and it would work just on speakers on. I restored it twice as a new phone and is not working :(