iPhone 6 Mini?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LordQ, Jun 5, 2014.

1. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

Hey guys,

We all know that the iPhone 6 is coming in 4.7" and 5.5" but there's still people (like me) that didn't upgrade to the 5 because we didn't like an screen increase.

My question is, do you think Apple will release an iPhone 6 Mini? Like same internal specs but 3.5" or 4" display?

Would you buy it?

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

lol no they won't, even 2 is still a pipe dream in my eyes, we shall see in the next conference. IMO it will be just one size and a 5S as the second device.

3. 617aircav Suspended

I agree. I don't see two phones coming out.

4. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I think they'll go for 4.7 this year and 5.5 won't appear until next year, but I have been wrong before.

5. 617aircav Suspended

My thoughts as well.

6. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

Don't like a screen increase either. I really don't see the point of all those new phones having bigger screens at all, I mean it's just a phone not a tablet/iPad..

7. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I'd buy a 4" mini. Maybe not until the 6s year if it's going to have 5s specs this year. And no 3.5". Too small these days.

8. LordQ thread starter macrumors 68040

LordQ

9. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

No, I think the five models will serve as a "mini" option.

10. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

iPhones are getting bigger, not smaller. It's the tablets that are getting smaller.

11. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

I don't know why you don't like it, it's not even noticeable.

12. LordQ thread starter macrumors 68040

LordQ

I have small girl's hands :(

13. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I don't see why they would. They already decided to abandon 3.5". I say abandon because the specs haven't been refreshed going on three years now. I don't see them all of the sudden giving us another 3.5" phone.

Are your hands really so small that a 4" phone is UNUSABLE for you? I can understand it being less convenient, but surely we are seeing enough features and spec/speed increases that is has to be worth the sacrifice at some point.

14. appledes7 macrumors 6502a

Apple is continually losing marketshare because all other flagships are above 4.7". If they want to compete, Apple needs to enter this space, which they finally are. Also, marketshare for 5.5"+ phones is rapidly growing. LG's G3 (their main consumer flagship) is 5.5", and Pro line is going to be even bigger. And of course the Galaxy Note series is also larger. If Apple wants to compete with these companies, they have to go where consumers want, and that is in the larger phone market. It is pretty obvious at this point that Apple will announce both a 4.7" and 5.5" phone before 2015. Anyone who believes otherwise is simply mistaken.

As for an iPhone mini, its not going to happen. At least not this time around. There is just not enough consumer interest in these phones. Phones of this size are only sold with old versions of Android to citizens of developing countries because that is what they can afford. Don't expect an iPhone mini anytime soon. Expect the 5s to continue selling though.

15. sarahs macrumors newbie

Um, no we dont all know that the iphone is coming in 2 bigger sizes. How can you make an assumption like that when Apple have announced nothing about the next iphone?

16. farkingdom macrumors member

There is a possibility but very unlikely.
    One could argue that if Apple dropped iPhone4S from sale with the launch of a bigger iPhone, there will be thousands of un-updated apps optimized for the 3.5" screen, while more up-to-date developers will be focusing their energy on developing apps bigger than 4.0" leaving away owners of iPhone4S and iPhone4.

17. sophiamendezzz1 macrumors regular

hmmm I hope the phone does fit nicely in my hands. I went from a 4S to a 5 and at first didn't like the screen size but found that the 5 does fit quite nicely. An added .7 hmm I hope it doesn't feel too big.

18. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

I would have agreed with this statement a few years ago, but it seems that Apple is following the industry norm.

I don't think they will release a 4 inch phone with the same specs as the iPhone 6, but they will either continue to sell the 5c or upgrade the internals to become the "5cs".