iphone 6 Model A1586 - international model! How to get it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cub4bearin, Sep 21, 2014.

1. cub4bearin macrumors member

OK.. so I was visiting WI past weekend and decided to stop at US CELLULAR kiosk at local mall.
    I asked guy simple question: I want to buy iPhone 6 for a full price and is it going to be locked?
    He said that if I buy it from them at retail price (full price) they can UNLOCK it for me right there.

I asked him if I can put any GSM card then like ATT and TMobile and used it? and he said that their iPhone 6 are CDMA only and there is no way to put other GSM provider SIM..

Simply confusing...

I thought all iPhones come with SIM card slot.. and what the heck was he trying to unlock for me? CDMA network so I can take it to Verizon for example?

their iPhone 6 is their GLOBAL iPhone but yet how can I use it if I travel to Europe?

unfortunately I don't have any US cellular stores here.. closest one is 60 miles away. I rather know for sure I could be able to put in ATT or TMobile sim card if they unlock it ....

just wondering if anyone knows anything more about US Cellular iPhones.. thanks

2. Big Dawg 23 macrumors regular

With the advancement of LTE came sims for all phones. Verizon and Sprint are CDMA and have SIM cards. TMO or ATT is a better option.