iPhone 6 Mophies are in stores

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by awtryau89, Feb 16, 2015.

1. awtryau89 macrumors regular

I just snagged one from my local Best Buy. I will say that I tried every battery case on Amazon trying to cheap out. Not one of them measured up. There were always issues with build, fit or charging. The Mophie is just the best and you get what you pay for. Also just one tidbit, it fits very well with a back skin and it also will work with edge to edge screen protectors. Great fit and finish.

2. jplusc macrumors 6502a

Thank you for posting! I've been waiting for these!!

3. UAV macrumors regular

congrats you just turned your iphone6 into a phablet:D

4. jplusc macrumors 6502a

Thanks again for the heads up. Went to BB today to grab one.

5. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

I have a question, should i get a mophie for the 6+??? I had one for the 5 but the battery life was horrible. And 6+ users out there?

6. long86 macrumors member

How does the thickness compare to the ones from Amazon? I currently have one from Amazon but may grab a Mophie.

7. blaine07 macrumors 65816

8. awtryau89 thread starter macrumors regular

I purchased the Juice Pack Plus and I have had the Unu, iBlason and Supcase. I do not have them around any longer but the thickness was all about the same. The Supcase is almost the exact same dimensions and weight. The others are a bit narrower and lighter than the JPP. The JPP is a bit thicker than the JP due to the extra impact protection. I laid both of them out yesterday when making a choice. I couldn't tell enough of a difference and went with the bigger battery. The Mophie has better feel in the hand than any of those others mentioned though.

I do wish Mophie had continued with the different material on the trim around the phone. That made it very grippy and I liked the aesthetics.

----------

I had a 6+ and ended up returning it due to 1 handed limitations for me. I struggled with cases. I would have kept it if I could have trusted myself with it naked. I never once came close to fully depleting the battery and I consider myself a business power user. I am not a gamer so I can't factor that in but I would never consider a Mophie for a phone that large. I think my iPad Air would be lighter.

As a comparison though, the 6 with Mophie still fits completely inside the borders of a 6+ with some room on all edges.

9. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502

AlphaGuitarist

The Mophies are readily available at my local Best Buy and I'd pick one up after work today, had it not been for a PhoneSuit preorder that I placed 2 weeks ago. I really like the streamlined design of the PhoneSuit, as well as the touch-sensitive controls and the metallic blue finish of the one I preordered.

Here's the catch, though. Per their Facebook page, PhoneSuit were supposed to start shipping during the 2nd week of February. I e-mailed their customer service earlier today to get a shipping update and was informed that they will not begin shipping until late February/early March. PhoneSuit's slipping delivery timeframe is somewhat concerning, especially knowing that I can get a Mophie today. Should I take the chance with waiting for the PhoneSuit or go for a Mophie?

10. awtryau89 thread starter macrumors regular

I had the Phonesuit for the iPhone 5 and I really liked it. The only issue I had was it scarred the beveled edge on the 5. Can't tell you what to do but I do like the extra drop protection on the new Mophie. Plus I have always preferred a physical switch for the power on the case.

11. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502

AlphaGuitarist

I ended up canceling my PhoneSuit preorder and picking up a Mophie a few minutes ago. Compared to the off-brand cases that are sold on Amazon, the Mophie just screams quality. I love how light the case is and how well it fits in my hand. I'm definitely happy with my purchase.

12. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

So i will not get a mophie for my 6+ but i will get a case.

13. rward01 macrumors newbie

How long does it usually take Mophie to release the accessories for these cases? Like the holsters and so fourth....

14. archy141 macrumors newbie

Photos please

Would be great to see pics of Iphone 6 next to Mophie Juice Pack & Mophie Juice Pack Plus.

I'm also curious if the extra depth/weight of Mophie Juice Pack Plus is worth it over the standard Mophie Juice Pack. Does the standard not feature the same level of impact protection and is this enough concern not go buy it ?

15. pcubed18 macrumors regular

I agree. Would love to see the regular juice pack and the juice pack plus comparison for the iPhone 6.

16. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

Great fit & finish? Tried one today, and the mute switch doesn't match up with the one on the phone so it's totally nonfunctional!! That, and it doubles the thickness & weight of the phone. What's great about that stuff?

Nothing.

17. 100 macrumors member

I was so torn one which case to get between the air or air plus, I just the air; my question to you all is. What's the difference between level 2 and level 3 protection? How significant is it?

18. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502

AlphaGuitarist

I got the Juice Pack Air and the mute switch on it functions perfectly. I wouldn't be surprised if you tried a defective unit. As far as the thickness and weight are concerned, I agree completely. Unfortunately, with iPhone 6's horrible battery life, I can't go a full day without needing a recharge. I found the Mophie case to be a more practical alternative to lugging around a backup battery with cables.

19. chanerz macrumors 6502a

Just went to Bestbuy and bought the Plus case for my IP6. Great case! I love it !

20. MC355 macrumors member

Yup. I picked up the Mophie for the 6 plus about 5 days ago at Best Buy and love it. It's lighter than I expected. And feels great in the hands.

It consistently gives me a little more than 60% charge to my 6 plus which is exactly what Mophie advertised.

I tried the I-blason battery case before and the build quality was lacking and charging was hit and miss. Plus it was much much heavier. So I quickly returned it to Amazon.

21. wendimc macrumors member

Happy that they are available in more retail stores now. A lot of the ones you buy online, even from reputable marketplaces, are counterfeit and the quality isn't there. Buying it from BestBuy seems like a wise choice.

22. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

I got mine as a preordered one from Verizon...so I'm taking it back, and trying another one that's in stock. Like you, I hate the bulkiness and weight it gives my sleek iPhone 6...but with my long work days sometimes, it's worth it (kind of) to not have to charge my phone before the day's over. So, if my negative experience is due to a faulty unit...I'll exchange it.

23. MC355 macrumors member

I bought mine from best buy. But returned it. It was a nice case and gave about 62% charge to my 6 plus. But it was a bit heavier and made the 6 plus taller. Unfortunately I couldn't stand the extra weight and heft so returned it. Plus for $100 it's a bit much for "only" 60% more charge.