iPhone 6 most anticipated iPhone ever?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blakjack, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Simple question, just curious as to what some of you think. If so, why?

The only other time I remember wanting an iPhone this bad is when we were all waiting for the original iPhone. I get the sense, based on the hype machine(media coverage) that others are just as anxious as I am. The iPhone 4 was huge, but the bar fumble killed the excitement.

With the iPhone 6, I think we all are assuming that it will be radically different in form. That alone is building the excitement for me. I get this feeling Apple will move ahead of the competition again by another 2 to 3 years with this phone for some reason. Wishful thinking probably.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

The hype doesn;t feel any different than any other iPhone. But honestly, it's way too early to tell on this one. We are less than 1/3 of the way through with the 5S release year.

3. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I think the only hype would be for the higher possibility of a larger screen which is growing in popularity. I for one am just looking forward to the rumored bezel-less display

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Pretty much any new phone is essentially the most anticipated iPhone before it comes out.

5. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I feel like Apple is actually going to impress this time around, so I'm excited. The 5s is a fantastic phone, but it lacked "wow" factor. The 6 feels like it's going to be the iPad Air of the iPhone line.

6. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

the iphone6 combined with the iwatch and new updates for iPads, it will be an exciting year!

7. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

I would love to see how apple handles the no back button on this alleged bigger screen.

8. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

All I hope that it is indeed different, different from the 4,4s,5 and 5S.

9. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

They've already done that, with a universal swipe from the left side of the screen to act as a "back button" if you can't reach the top left of the screen while using the phone with your right hand.

10. bobright macrumors 601

I look forward to the new iPhone, not the iPads though my Air is fine don't need anything bigger screen wise and it is thin enough.

11. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

I'm looking forward to the iPhone 7.

If the iPhone 6 comes out early this year, they need to bring the 6S out like only 6 months later and then only 3 months after that roll out the 7. Then faster and faster for all the new models till eventually we get new toys every day. I have ZERO patience for this crapple! GIMME THE TOYS! NAAAOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!

It better wipe my butt, too. I can't live in this world if my phone doesn't at least do that simple task.

*Only playing, don't flag me bro.

12. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Im looking to replace my ipad 4, hopefully there will be an upgrade in ram to make it last a very long time.

13. nfl46 macrumors 603

I'm just happy that we finally are getting a larger screen.

14. AppleRobert macrumors 603

It is fantastic enough to made me get one even though I have said countlessly I would not because of the screen size. I guess then the 5s did deliver the wow factor enough for me when I tried it many times in phone and other retailer stores. I was going to wait and see what the ip6 brought to the table but that is too far down the road for me to have wanted to wait after what I had and have experienced. Besides, I can always sell the 5s for top dollar.

15. Blakjack thread starter macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Yea I think this is really what's increasing my want for this phone too. I think Apple is going to create a watch thats done right.

16. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

I go with the S version myself. I've seen some rumored iPhone 6's, and I don't see anything that gives me the Wow feeling at all. .7 increase in size is OK, but not over whelming to give up my 5S.

17. thecurryman macrumors 6502

design change is whats anticipated. I think its the most, but thats because their popularity has only gone up. With the s5 rumored to be all aluminum and unibody, the ip6 has some serious competition.

18. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

YES IT ISSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

19. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

20. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Only until the next iPhone, which will be required by "analysts" to have something that a bunch of Android phones have despite how many Apple sells. I'm guessing that will be a quad-core processor because MUST HAS MORE CORES BECAUSE IS FAST. We all know that the most popular games are heavily processor intensive ones like Flappy Bird, Candy Crush, Angry Birds and Words with Friends. Thus Apple must do this or die -- from downing in the money bin.

21. filfortugno macrumors regular

Iphone 4

I honestly believe that the hype surrounding the iPhone 4 was so immense that it can't be beat. People in my area lined up 2 days to get the first ones..

22. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I'm pretty stoked about iPhone 6. A8 processor, next gen fingerprint sensor, single crystal sapphire cover plus who knows what else. This will be an amazing amount of tech in a very small package.

I'll be happy with the smaller phone. Rumor has that will be slightly larger than the current 5s. I have an iPad for times when I need more real estate.

23. regkilla macrumors 6502

regkilla

Yeah because it will be different than the previous iPhones.

24. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

It doesn't work in all situations.

25. C DM macrumors Westmere

I think for the most part it's more that not all apps support that (yet).