IPhone 6 Music Syncing Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kschles, Sep 20, 2014.

1. kschles macrumors regular

kschles

Was excited to get a 128gb Iphone 6. Could finally ditch the IPod Classic, and put all my music (9900 songs) on my phone. Can't get iTunes to sync. It stalls out on step 6 of 6 with the message "waiting for changes to be applied."

Called Apple support, and was told ITunes was running slow because of increased traffic, and that with my large music library, it would just take time to sync. Tried running ITunes for 3 hours before giving up this last time. Not sure what to do.

2. dlondon macrumors regular

I also had problems syncing music to my iPhone 6 128GB earlier today with the same error as you. I restarted Macbook and my phone, connected and had the same issue. So I deleted all the music and attempted to sync but it appeared to stall so I disconnected the phone. When I reconnected and pressed sync it then worked adding all the music I intended to add in the first place. No problems since.

None of my songs are in the cloud and my music in on a USB drive so I could see that iTunes software was not even accessing my music library. I'm not sure if what Apple told you is true about increased traffic. I'm pretty sure you can transfer music from your library to your phone without connecting to the Apple servers!

3. kschles thread starter macrumors regular

kschles

Thanks for the reply. I'll give your steps a try.