iphone 6+ no lags now on 9.2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VesselA, Dec 19, 2015.

1. VesselA macrumors regular

well at last apple have done it - iphone 6+ is silky smooth on 9.2 - double tap for app switches totally smooth, no longer any dropped frames or stutter, smooth cycling through apps and opening & closing. Halleluyah

looks like they have the 1080p resolution usable now for iphone 7 - such a nuisance 6s is still 326ppi

2. dark_knight177 macrumors regular

dark_knight177

My brand new iPhone 6S Plus stutters, so i think you either don't notice the lag or you just got used to it

3. HEK, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Try turning reduce motion and reduce transparency on. See how that affects the lag/stutter.

And why is it that your observations are correct and OP must not notice it or has gotten used to it. Isn't it at least as likely that you are hyper sensitive or noticing something that is not there? Or perhaps the same reason you have poor battery life is same reason your phone stutters and lags. Perhaps something is running big time in background. Go airplane mode and see if you still lag.

4. VertPin macrumors 6502

VertPin

Are you on iOS 9.2? If you are, and the phone is absolutely new (meaning within fourteen days of purchase date), exchange it.

5. dark_knight177 macrumors regular

dark_knight177

I have already exchanged it once. I don't think there's anything wrong with the hardware. The hardware is superb. The only problem seems to be the software, iOS 9.2 stutters occasionally and frame rates are much lower than on my iPhone 6 Plus on 8.4.1.

I think the software quality have really gone downhill lately. My iPhone 6 Plus on 8.4.1 outperforms my iPhone 6S+ on 9.2, well except in multitasking, but that's due to 2gb ram of 6S+.

6. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Did you turn the stop motion and stop transparency on like I suggested. It lessens the load on the screen refresh. The 6s+ already has more pixels and has to reformat each screen as it has to reduce total pixels for each screen paint. And at high frame rate that's a lot of work you can reduce by a bit.

Frankly I don't see any stutter or lag on my 6s+ running 9.2 and I been looking extra hard to see if I notice any. I don't.

7. dark_knight177 macrumors regular

dark_knight177

Yes reduce motion does help, but i really shouldn't be turning features off to have acceptable frame rates. It seems like poor coding in iOS 9 is the culprit

8. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Well reduce motion doesn't do a thing for me personally. More a gimmick frankly not much of a feature to me. But if you like the lag and don't want to reduce it, why complain? Just suggesting something I thought would be helpful.