Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Semaphoric

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
I just checked Apple Store and did not see the iPhone 6 available; only 7 and 6s are available. Anyone know if I can still get an 6 at the Apple Store?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I just checked Apple Store and did not see the iPhone 6 available; only 7 and 6s are available. Anyone know if I can still get an 6 at the Apple Store?
In person, most likely. But it's not really the best performance wise, the SE and 6s are better.

Semaphoric

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
I read that the 6s does not offer that much of a performance improvement than 6.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I read that the 6s does not offer that much of a performance improvement than 6.
It's about double, plus you get 3D Touch and always-on Siri. It's up to the buyer but the only reason to get a 6 is if the screen size is more important than performance/longevity to you and you don't want to pay the money for the 6s.

Additionally, some iPhone 6 models were starting to get a defect causing the screen to stop responding. It definitely makes the most sense for Apple to discontinue.

Also, they've doubled the storage on the 6s so that should make it a better deal as well. If the 6 is available it would be the old smaller capacities.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
In previous years when a phone was not longer orderabke it went off the rack at brick and mortar (Apple) stores too.

I'm not saying this is 100% law anywhere you go. But I've physically heard on different occasions that products removed from the Apple Store online are considered discontinued and no longer saleable.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
It's about double, plus you get 3D Touch and always-on Siri. It's up to the buyer but the only reason to get a 6 is if the screen size is more important than performance/longevity to you and you don't want to pay the money for the 6s.

Additionally, some iPhone 6 models were starting to get a defect causing the screen to stop responding. It definitely makes the most sense for Apple to discontinue.

Also, they've doubled the storage on the 6s so that should make it a better deal as well. The 6 would be the old capacities.

Plus, they made it stronger, less resistant to bending ;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.