Iphone 6, no more memory!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Raysofhope, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Raysofhope macrumors newbie

I am receiving constantly warnings that my iphone 16gb has no more available storage.
    I have my photo gallery linked to the icould, so I have the tumbnails photo size on my iphone.
    Have the 50gb icloud account...
    Checking the settings of my iphone I have this:
    storage used: 11,6 gb
    available: 0 bytes

I have already deleted most of the apps, and for the moment all the apps that I have on my iphone make a total of 4gb!!
    How can it say I am using 11,6 gb?

:(

2. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

3. itsray macrumors 6502

text messages/photos in text messages. etc. take a look at those, they can add up quick.

4. HarryWild, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016

HarryWild macrumors 65816

HarryWild

iOS takes that much space - 4GB of storage! That the iPhone operating system! Check your storage on downloaded movies, documents, PDFs, maps, magazines, etc...

Next time around buy a bigger storage capacity like 256GB! That should give you something to work towards filling up!

5. Raysofhope thread starter macrumors newbie

the thing is ... on my settings > manage storage > all the apps counts around 4 gb!
    photos & camera i have 583 MB .. messages i have 23,0 MB ...
    where are the other 7 gb?
    --- Post Merged, Aug 20, 2016 ---
    about 1000

i only have on watsapp, 400MB

i know.. 16gb storage ... 4 for the IOS, 4 for my apps ... where about are the ohter 8gb?

6. HarryWild macrumors 65816

HarryWild

You know, you can always start you phone off again as a new phone again by do a hard reset! It will reset the phone like it came out of the factory! Everything will revert back to original storage but your iOS will stay the same. Good luck! If you are still unhappy setup a 10 minute meeting with a Genius at the Apple Store!

7. Raysofhope thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't have to be rude...I'm just trying to figuer out whether my iPhone has a problem or not since I don't have many apps I cannot find on what about it is using my memory
    ... Perhaps someone with an iPhone 16gb can tell me something?

8. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Well, technically iOS takes up less since 16 GB gives you only around 14.9 GB of actual free space to begin with.

9. Raysofhope thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so if I have 14.9 gb for my personal use... I have only 4gb of memory used.. Why do I have notifications saying I don't have space available?
    --- Post Merged, Aug 20, 2016 ---
    You may wanna have A look please
    image.png
    image.png

10. CEmajr macrumors 601

Try backing your phone up in iTunes and doing a full restore from backup. I have a 64GB 6s and mine went from 2.1GB free to 23GB free from doing this. I think the app caches take up a lot of space.

11. Prabas macrumors 6502a

Prabas

There something wrong with space allocation in iOS. I've had this problem too and there's nothing you can do. Your storage isn't full, your iOS is bugged. The only solution is to backup and restore.

12. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

This is what you should do next.

Otherwise, you're just wasting time on piddling stuff.

13. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

After the iPhone first initializes, it is around 13-14 GB. Excluding iCloud.

14. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

But they don't sell 256gb...

15. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

It all adds up. I recommend to get at least a 64gb iPhone next. Personally, I think 128gb+ is a little too much IMO.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Check to see how much space does facebook and other apps you have installed take. Settings/general/storage & iCloud usage,manage storage. This section will show you how much space each app you have installed takes.
    In my brothers iphone he used to play a slot machine game and that thing took up 5GB's.
    After a while apps start accumulating lots of cashed files on storage.
    You can also try some of those cleaner apps on the appstore that remove junk files.
    I use battery doctor. It gets rid a bunch of stuff and saves lots of MB's each time I run it.
    If that doesnt work then do a restore and setup as new.

17. Raysofhope thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much!! I have done this and now it's much better! Take a look on my storage, with the same apps I have more space free:
    image.png

18. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

After a while your memory will decrease again.