Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joe1232

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2015
Hi!

Since friday my iPhone 6 has been giving me no service, apart from intermittently dropping in and out occasionally. I thought my hardware was broken until today I discovered if i do a factory reset on the phone, it works and then stops working after a few minutes. I've got no idea whats going on here :(

Joe

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
When you say "factory reset" I assume you mean "Erase all content and settings" and then not restoring from a backup? If so then the only advice I can give is to make a genius appointment and have it checked out. I assume you've tried keeping service in multiple locations (to rule out carrier issues).

aKansasKid

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2015
I assume your account with your carrier is in good standing. You could always open a chat session with them and verify the account status. Also, try removing the SIM card and reinserting it. I had to do that the first time I powered up my 6s.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Hi!

Since friday my iPhone 6 has been giving me no service, apart from intermittently dropping in and out occasionally. I thought my hardware was broken until today I discovered if i do a factory reset on the phone, it works and then stops working after a few minutes. I've got no idea whats going on here :(

Joe

Carrier?

Age of phone? / Still under warranty?

Any previous issues?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.