iPhone 6 no signal what so ever!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tmanto02, Oct 2, 2014.

1. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Hey guys I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.0.2 which has suddenly lost all signal, SOS only.

It's not my carrier as my girlfriends phone is working perfect. I've reset network settings, rebooted over an over, hard reset. Nothing.

I just hope I don't have to do a full restore! Any other ideas or thoughts?

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Have you restored (from backup) via iTunes?

Seems like the simplest way to try and fix the problem.

If that doesn't work next option I imagine is a fresh restore (not from backup) via iTunes.

Beyond that you are looking at either going to your carrier to get a new sim card or to the Apple store to get a replacement phone :(

Good luck!

3. tmanto02 thread starter macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Yep another restore...joy. I've had a horrible month of technology failures! First my MacBook completely died (not covered), constant wifi issues with my iPad, and now this!

4. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Oof

[​IMG]

Sorry to hear you're having such a crappy month :(

At least though it's a restore from backup, so nothing really changes on your phone. The only annoying part is your computer downloading the IPSW file can take a lil bit. Hopefully that fixes it and you don't have to do a fresh restore (not from backup) and have to set everything up on your phone again.

Hope things get better for you soon, no fun at all to have technology we rely upon start to fail :mad:

5. saldawop macrumors regular

Does your girlfriend have a nano SIM? You could try swapping the SIM just to rule that out before restoring?

6. tmanto02 thread starter macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Great idea! Will try now. Restore from backup didn't work

7. tmanto02 thread starter macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Working! My girlfriend actually figured it out! My new plan only switched over today even though I got the phone day 1. So I was using my old iPhone 5 sim as my carrier said I could just stick my old sim into the new phone. However when my plan updated today it deactivated my old sim and activated the new sim.

I can't believe that Telstra (Australia's no 1 network) couldn't even tell me this!

8. Hal~9000, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Smart girl!