iPhone 6 - Not charging or recognised via USB

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Marresc, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Marresc macrumors newbie

My iPhone 6 is no longer charging via USB or being recognised when I connect it to a pc. I have tried multiple lightning cables and multiple pc's (mac and windows). Also cleaned the lightning port with a toothpick to get rid of any dust.

I'm guessing I have a faulty dock connector or a broken lightning pin inside the port. Does anyone know if this is a repair under warranty? I can't see any visible damage myself and I have always used certified lightning cables when charging..

2. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I'd bring it to Apple, if you didn't physically broken and there is obviously a problem your warranty should cover it.

3. Marresc thread starter macrumors newbie

Update I

I brought my iPhone 6 to my local Apple Authorized Service Provider yesterday. They connected the iPhone to their iMac and behold - it started to charge and was recognised. They didn't believe me when I said there was a problem and was sent home.

When I tried the iPhone at home with my own MacBook Air / iMac / Windows XP laptop I got mixed results. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. I'm unable to reproduce the problem in a consistent manner, I have tried almost every possible scenario:
    - connecting the iPhone when powered on or off;
    - connecting in DFU;
    - booting the macs in safe mode;
    - even completely wiped the iPhone 6.

Heading back to the store today with my laptops and hope they won't declare me crazy.