iPhone 6 Not Syncing Music Properly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jfriedman8, Nov 4, 2014.

1. jfriedman8 macrumors 6502

This is really starting to drive me crazy. I bought the 128GB so I could keep as much "stuff" with me on the go as possible. Now for some reason when I sync, and have "Sync Music" and "Entire Music Library" checked (for 3064 songs) every other sync, it deletes the most recent playlists and the total songs ends up around 2836. Any idea what is going on here? Ive had enough wiping all music files and re syncing.

It is also happening to my iPod touch, so I know its not the phone.

2. grtwhtsk macrumors newbie

Make sure you don't have the ITunes Match enabled on your iPhone.

3. NewVZcustomer macrumors member

Ditto, big issues for me. Tried syncing, tried deleting and adding manually. Getting tired of it, also my playlists 'compilations' will say "genre- 200 songs" then when you click on it only one song will show up.

4. jfriedman8 thread starter macrumors 6502

iTunes match is off (never used to begin with) I even turned off all of the automatic downloads ect.

I deleted both iTunes libraries and re-synced tonight and both are back to having the full library running... We'll see what happens next. I am thinking about just wiping out all of my backups to see if that helps.

Any other thoughts?

NewVZ- Thats EXACTLY what I've had happen too. So annoying... I am beginning to think this is an iTunes bug.

5. nitescar macrumors newbie

I think it is an iTunes bug, I found success following this to some degree though still not 100% are syncing. At least much more than before.

http://http://robservatory.com/a-nasty-little-itunesios-bug-may-be-causing-media-sync-issues/

6. JacksTLOS macrumors member

It's going to seem rather long but after the phone is restored/erased you need to unplug phone and set it up manually. Make sure Itunes Match is turned off... this can be a pain because sometimes i've had to toggle the switch several times before it finally stayed off. Then I noticed if I try and sync everything at once it can cause problems so i've started syncing apps first let it finish, sync music next, let it finish and then add any movies or tv shows.

Total song count can vary from what's showing on computer if you don't sync videos, plus itunes counts the LP info as songs too. My Mac shows something like 4003 songs but my phone only has 3,923 because I don't sync videos and the phone won't sync Lp info (i've gone back and counted this to verify the difference).

7. jfriedman8 thread starter macrumors 6502

Youd think by this iteration of iTunes, you wouldnt have something as simple as sync issues hardware to hardware versus hardware to cloud.