iPhone 6 - Off-Contract Deals

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by onepoint, Nov 26, 2014.

1. onepoint macrumors 6502a

onepoint

I'm sure it's a long shot, but has anyone come across any sorts of deals/sales on off-contract iPhone 6 purchases? I don't feel like losing my unlimited VZW data and would like to avoid private party sale if possible.

Figured I'd ask.

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I haven't heard of any, but I doubt there would be any either, sorry to say. demand for them is high and they are selling like hot cakes! I doubt they'd be putting them on sale for any reason when they'll sell just as quick without them.

I'd also like to get an off contract 6. I love my 6 plus, but I like to have the option for a smaller version.

3. onepoint thread starter macrumors 6502a

onepoint

The local Best Buy stores are showing them as in-stock, however the guy on the phone just told me they don't price match on phones (regardless of on/off-contract). Does anyone have any experience with this?

Per Best Buy's website (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment-Pricing/Best-Buy-Low-Price-Guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000)
    Our Price Match Guarantee does not cover:

• The online prices of retailers not listed.
    • Contract mobile phones sold by any online retailer.
    • Products shipped from or sold by third-party sellers (Marketplace sellers) on websites.
    • Competitors' service prices, Best Buy For Business transactions and BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items.
    • Any financing offers, bundle offers, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, items that are advertised as limited quantity, out of stock items, clearance items, open-box items, refurbished items, pre-owned items, deal of the day, daily deals, special hour sale event items, credit card offers, gift card offers, rent/lease to own items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, whether offered by Best Buy or a competitor.

4. onepoint thread starter macrumors 6502a

onepoint

Well I just found another employee who confirmed they will price match on full retail price. Combined with Best Buy credit card 18mo no interest financing I'd say it's a deal. I may swing by this weekend and try to pick one up.

5. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

Why would ATT sell you a discounted, off-contract phone just so you can go back to Verizon? Ain't gonna happen!

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As other stated, why discount a phone that they know very well won't be used on their network. Plus why discount a product that is selling like hot cakes, i.e., they'll sell them anyways why reduce their profit.

7. onepoint thread starter macrumors 6502a

onepoint

Stopped in the store this evening. Best Buy isn't price matching anything until December 1st, at which time they confirmed they will price match Apple's listed prices, and offer 18-month interest free financing on a Best Buy credit card.

I'll be able to pick up a VZW iPhone 6 64gb for $749, paying over 18 months if I so choose.

----------

I didn't imply anything of the sort; regardless I can pick up a phone off-contract at Apple for full retail price. The Best Buy deal (see previous post) is what I had in mind.

----------

Possibly to get people in the door? Beats me, that's why I asked. They're discounting new iPads and selling TVs below cost. Beats Solo 2s are on sale and they're brand new. Thank you for your contribution!

----------

Check Best Buy after December 1st. As previously stated, if you have a Best Buy credit card you can pick one up on your current account/provider (assuming you have an available line) at regular Apple retail price with 18-month no interest financing.