Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DominikHoffmann

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Indiana
I have a YouMail voicemail account (free), which allows me to have voicemails from calls I don’t pick up emailed to me. That way I can listen to them, whether I have my phone with me, or not. I love that service.

Yesterday, I upgraded to the iPhone 6. The (still) current instructions on YouMail’s website indicate that one must dial an *004* code to activate "conditional forwarding," like so:

*004*3478966996#

This results in an error.

I just confirmed with an AT&T technical support rep that the sequence that works is

**21*3478966996#

This might have worked on phones prior to the iPhone 6, as well, but I have no way of testing it now.

Just wanted to document this.

Last edited:

DominikHoffmann

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Indiana
Do you now have a phone icon in your status bar? I do.

Yes, I do. See below.

Screen%20Shot%20from%20iPhone%206%20with%20Conditional%20Forwarding.jpg

DominikHoffmann

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Indiana
Yeah this doesn't work, the phone doesn't even ring when people call

Well, it did on mine, where I did it first, and on my wife’s it didn’t, in the way you described. AT&T Technical Support fixed it on my wife’s phone in just a few minutes. Hold time was about 8 min—not too bad.

Yours is a second data point, then. It leads me to believe that my solution may not be a complete solution, after all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.