iPad iPhone 6+ on order. Do I need an iPad Air 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by boombox15, Nov 24, 2014.

1. boombox15 macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 6 Plus on order that I should be getting in December. I know it's a very large phone but now with Black Friday approaching, it has me wondering if I should buy an iPad Air 2. It seems like a good buy, because it is a large improvement over the previous iPad. I would get a 64GB model in Gray with a case as well. Thoughts?

2. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

i much prefer to fiddle with my iPad as opposed to my phone when i'm at home. i even prefer my daughter's mini.

3. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

There are still times to utilize the larger screen of an iPad instead of an iPhone 6 Plus. The 6+ is a convenience more than a replacement. Now, go get that iPad!:cool:

4. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

black Friday $100 off hurry:)

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

No phone, including the 6 Plus, could replace my iPad Air 2 units.

6. Booji macrumors 6502a

Booji

I've found that since I got my 6+, I use my Air 2 a lot less. No, not a replacement but the 6+ can take on a lot of iPad use cases.

7. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

I found that I use my 6+ the same as I used my 5s, I have not added any tasks. The only benefit is the bigger screen. Correction I'm using FilMiC Pro on the 6+ (normally I would use the iPad). But I still use pinnacle to edit videos.

8. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

I've had the 6+ since release date and just bought an iPad Air 2 two days ago. It doesn't replace an iPad. Trust me.

9. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

I will do the same and get an iPad Air2. My iPhone 6+ is awesome when away from home but at home the Air2 will be a much better experience.

10. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

I'd say yes. I sold my iPad 3 to make some cash for a couple of Air 2's for myself and my wife for Christmas - not having an iPad is a bummer. The 6 plus is great but the longer you have the smaller it will seem.

11. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

Yes, you need it!!!

12. New Apple macrumors regular

for me, asking to others if you need or not, a gadget
    means itself that you DON'T need.
    You are asking only if you should spend your dollars or not, and you should know better than us :)

13. arefbe macrumors regular

arefbe

You don't "need" an iPad Air 2. What you want is something else again.

14. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I initially bought the 6+ intending to use it as a phone/tablet all-in-one, but with Staple's $199 iPad Air (first gen) price mistake on Sunday I knew I HAD to get one, and I'm so glad I did. At home, the iPad is much more enjoyable to use that the iPhone. As others have stated, the 6 Plus is like a convenient alternative to your iPad when you're out and about, but at home it's no replacement for an Air.