iPhone 6 on Straight Talk

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jordy145, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Jordy145 macrumors newbie

I ordered the contract free T-Mobile iPhone 6 from apple.com and it will arrive tomorrow. I have read through the countless posts on whether or not the iPhone 6 will be unlocked. I am 99.999999999% sure it will be unlocked so that is not the issue. I just talked to straight talk and they do not know if they will be able to activate the iPhone 6 on their network using the GSM ATT sim card. What is everyone's opinion/thoughts please?

2. rmchale macrumors regular

Do you already have straighttalk?

3. Bob6 macrumors newbie

I am using straight talk and all you have to do is install the SIM card. The sim is registered, not the phone. I will switch my 5s tomorrow. Last year I bought the "contract free" 5s on Tmobile and it is unlocked. I used it on the ATT sim from straight talk. Worked fine from day one without anything to unlock. I am betting the 6 will be the same. We will see.

4. Jordy145 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I do not currently have Straight Talk. I have C-Spire. I already have the ATT Nano Sim which is not currently activated and the straight talk serial number for their system which is also not activated. I would like to port my existing number over to ST. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I receive the new phone! I am hoping I can get everything over smoothly!

5. Bob6 macrumors newbie

Order a straight talk sim or find a kiosk that sells them. You will be able to port your number in via their website. There customer service people can do it but it takes them forever. Their customer service makes Verizon and ATT seem great though.

6. Jordy145 thread starter macrumors newbie

I ordered the SIM card from their website and it came in today. I got the $45 service plan too, so I think I should have everything ready for tomorrow, I hope!

7. Allthings-I macrumors 6502

You will be fine. Just get the SIM activated, give them another iPhone IMEI (like your 5/5C/5S or even 4S) when activating the SIM, then just pop it into the iPhone 6, they don't need to know what model exactly your using.

The more you tell, the more they will tell you that its not compatible etc because the employees don't know real world results, they jus read from a script and 99% of the info they give is false / outdated.

I created this thread to confirm:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1781868

8. Amydoc macrumors newbie

Hi ! Congratulations on the iphone 6 ! Just wanted to know if the contract free phone is unlocked . Hope you are having a great time with the iphone 6?