iPhone 6 on Verizon - am I on 4G or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vjaaan, Nov 11, 2014.

1. vjaaan macrumors 6502

I just activated a new iPhone 6 on Verizon (switched from Sprint). I only show 1 or 2 bars strength now, where it was better with Sprint. I switched for the 4G network and better service.

How can I tell if my phone is accessing the 4G or the 3G? On the coverage map for Verizon, my area is in red, but not the darkest red. Is that still 4G?

Thanks

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It shows you right on your phone. On the status bar (the bar at the top that says Verizon and has your battery info), it should go Verizon, dots (bars), and then to the right of that it will says LTE (4G) or 3G. If you're on wifi, it will show the wifi symbol there instead. You can turn off wifi to see whether you're getting LTE or 3G, or just wait until you leave your wifi connection and look then.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Using tin cans and string is better than Sprint:D
    Trust me, you'll be fine.

4. vjaaan, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014

vjaaan thread starter macrumors 6502

Tyler,

Of course! Such a perfect solution. I turned off WiFi and was indeed on LTE. Only 2 bars tho, still.

I changed to Verizon to get the better service, and was disappointed to see low signal. Though I heard somewhere that iPhone 6 has some problem there, and an iOs update might fix that.

Thanks.

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You might just be in a slightly weak area. Also, if you're inside a building that can effect it as well. Verizon's coverage overall is much better. I wouldn't worry about it too much.