iPhone 6,or 6+ from a Samsung S5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elykoj, Dec 23, 2014.

1. elykoj macrumors regular

I have had my Samsung S5 for several months now, considering going to the 6 or 6+. Will I be happy with either, and do you think getting the 6 will seem small coming from the S5? The 6+ is a nice phone but looks huge. I know i need to go put them in my hand to see. I'm with Verizon now as well, but considered moving to TMobile to save some money, has their coverage gotten better?

I guess my question is for S5 owners, will I regret moving to the 6 or 6+???

2. loveleelatina macrumors member

I had the galaxy s5 and got the iphone 6...to me it was a downgrade in battery life as well as screen size. I kept it for about a week and returned it for the 6plus dont regret it at all now. Battery life is awesome, screen size is awesome totally worth it for me. so no the reg 6 wasnt worth the switch but the plus was

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I have a SG4 issued to me by my employer and I recently purchased the 6+. It's comparable and don't think it's any larger. And I use the 6+ equally for voice calls as I do data, if not, more and I don't feel I'm holding a phablet in my hand (but then again, I've never owned a phablet).

4. skiltrip macrumors 68030

iPhone 6,or 6+ from a Samsung S5

You'll need to try them both.

I went from a Galaxy S3 to a Note 4. I didn't mind the Note 4's size because the ergonomics were fantastic and it handled really well. I ultimately returned it because the low light performance of the camera was very disappointing.

I then went to the obvious choice, the 6 Plus. Thing is, the Plus felt bigger and handled much worse than the Note despite having a smaller screen size. It's a very tall phone, and always felt top heavy to me.

After fumbling around with the Plus for a little over half a week I decided to give the 6 a try. At first, I missed the larger screen, but I absolutely loved how the 6 handled. Instantly I was quicker and more productive on it. And there was no more making sure I took the big phone out of my pocket before sitting down, or any of that stuff.

It's all in whether or not you can manage the size of the Plus without finding it frustrating and cumbersome. Some can and some can't. I just wasn't happy with having that sized phone with me 24-7.

Funny enough, the Note 4 was easier to deal with. I honestly think the 6 Plus is just a LITTLE bit too big. If the height was shaved down (smaller bezels), it might be perfect. If the 7 Plus ends up still at 5.5" but with a smaller footprint, I might revisit the Plus line at upgrade time.

Try the one your gut tells you you'll like. If it doesn't work, go back and swap it for the other.

5. rockitdog Suspended

Size-wise, coming from the S5 the iPhone 6 will be closest to the size you've been using. There isn't much difference. I also came from the S5 to the iPhone 6. The size of the iPhone 6 Plus is more comparable to the Note 4.

6. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Very useful link for size comparisons is www.phonearena.com/phones/size/

It allows you to pick whichever phones you want to compare sizes of and even let's you calibrate the screen so they appear actual size.

7. rockitdog Suspended

8. upnorth85 macrumors 6502

I had S5, bought an S6, used it for some time and then gave to my wife. I then bought a 6+. I like the 6+ better. But i would prefer something between the two sizes. But after having used only Samsungs since SGS2 time, I think the move from S5 to 6+ was well worth it.