iPhone 6+ or Fitbit flex-which is more accurate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbachandouris, May 4, 2015.

1. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I picked up a cheap Fitbit to tide me over while I wait for the Apple watch.

Which is more accurate: the Fitbit app on the iPhone 6+ or the Fitbit flex?

It's just for steps walked at work. Not running.

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

From all the research I've read and having an iPhone 6 & a Fitbit, the iPhone is more accurate. Apparently, with your iPhone in your pants pocket leads to accurate step counting, as opposed to something wrong on your wrist (ex. If you're carrying a box, you may not be moving your wrists as you would if you were walking). However, keep in the mind that you may not always have your iPhone on you.

When I did a short non-scientific test when I got my Fitbit, I took 55 steps: FitBit said I took 46 steps & my iPhone said I took 54 steps. Either way, you'll get in the ball-park for your daily usage with either device counting.

3. RenoG macrumors 65816

Hmm that's food for thought, thanks.

4. I7guy macrumors G5

The Fitbit app is fairly good and the Fitbit will measure sleep as well. The Fitbit app can track your walk/runs using gps as well as steps. I have a Fitbit surge and flex really like the additional capabilities of the surge.

5. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

I have both and I use the Fitbit Flex as my only tracker. Motion tracking is off on my iPhone since carrying around a 6+ at all times is not fun.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

This for me too...although I have the old Fitbit One model, which isn't a wristband model. Even the wristband would be more accurate than a phone I don't carry absolutely constantly (and don't want to).

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Tbh, I find my Fitbit to be good, I don't always have my phone with me, when I run so this is a better option.

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I wore the Fitbit Surge for three weeks and must say it was pretty close to what my 6+ said as far as steps. Had to return the Surge as I woke up one morning and it was dead. Nothing could wake it so I returned and not sure if I want another.