iPhone 6 or iPhone SE ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GovtMule66, Sep 18, 2016.

1. GovtMule66 macrumors newbie

This is probably the worst time to be asking this question with the release of the iPhone 7 but here goes. I purchased a 16 GB Sim Free iPhone SE in July of this year and I think it works great for me. The iPhone SE was a big step up from my previous iPhone 4S. This past week I won a 16 GB iPhone 6 in a contest and since I don't need 2 phones I am planning on giving my brother one or the other since he still has a iPhone 4. My question is the "A9" chip in the SE enough of advantage over the "A8" & iPhone 6's bigger screen to justify keeping the iPhone SE over the 6?

Which would you choose?

I don't have very many apps downloaded, no music & mainly use the phone to surf the web, send messages and make calls. The bigger screen would be nice but is it worth losing the upgraded performance in the SE.

Thanks in Advance for your input. Have a nice day !!!

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

The SE is going to do circles on the 6. It has more RAM, better processor, and is pushing a lower resolution display. Side by Side, you are going to see a difference. The real apples to apples is the 6S and the SE, and then it just comes down to a larger screen and how much you value 3D touch.

I currently have the SE side by side with an iPhone 7 and I do not see a speed difference. The SE is seriously one of the best bang for you buck phones you can get. I really hope Apple keeps selling it going forward.

3. GovtMule66 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks.... Had I won the 6S I would probably keep it over the SE due the screen size. I'm sure though my brother will see a gain with the 6 over the 4.