iPhone 6 orientation problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TouchMint.com, Oct 13, 2014.

1. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

Love my 6 (besides new spotlight which is an ios8 thing) but orientation seems to not work most the time. When I go from vertical to horizontal the phone rarely rotates (ive checked I dont have the lock on). I am wondering if its a problem with the accelerometer or something? I dont know I guess I plan on taking it in to get things checked out once the stock is better and I can just get a new phone right away.

For example I cant even rotate pics on the camera roll to look at them horizontal. I have kind of figured out a work around where I hold my phone in the orientation I want before I open the app and it will work but thats the only way so maybe it is just a software bug? has anyone else had something like this?

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

I've seen a few threads around the forum of people with orientation issues, some won't rotate to landscape... some won't go back.

I'll try to find the threads I remember and post the links here.

My guess is it's just another iOS bug (of many).

Edit: Heres one http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1800159

3. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

I've had it happen a few times too. Pretty sure it's a software bug (95% of widespread issues usually are).

We'll see what's in the next update.

4. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

Yeah, mine gets stuck a few times a day.. Usually it rotates back correctly after a sec or so. Sometimes I have to launch another app to correct it. I was hoping 8.0.2 would fix it completely , it's improved.. It's not so frequent but it is still there. It's only 1 of 2 bugs I have , but it's annoying .

5. TouchMint.com thread starter macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

Ok cool glad to see its probably an ios bug and not hardware. I guess I'll wait it out a few more ios versions.

6. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

My sister (who just updated from an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.x to an iPhone 6) just texted me about this a few minutes ago, and when I was responding to her on my Plus I had an orientation issue. It's definitely some kind of bug with iOS 8, although I'd still say it works most of the time. If the OP has lots of problems that aren't solved by a restart, it's possible there's something more going on.

7. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Yea on my Plus I have all sorts of issues. One time my phone was stuck in landscape and the only way to get it to rotate at all was to restart it.
    My main issue is I will have my phone right side up (portrait, home button on the bottom), unlock it, and everything is upside down, then it rotates back. Also, if I unlock it and have it go straight to messages, it will be right side up, then I will bring up the multitasking screen, and everything else but the app I am in will be upside down, including favorites. Freaking weird. I hope 8.1 fixes a lot of issues.

8. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Yes....

This predates the Iphone6 or 6+ and even the 5.

If I hold the phone portrait and then rotate it landscape (left) it sometimes refuses to rotate landscape.

If I hold the phone portrait and then rotate it landscape (right) it rotates immediately and if I flip it around to landscape (left) during this it rotates
    landscape left correctly.

Baffling but not a total annoyance, I just wish they'd fix. I think I first saw this on the iPhone5 a few years ago or even the iPhone4.