iPhone 6 overheating after new screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZivaD, Jun 23, 2016.

1. ZivaD macrumors member

ZivaD

I took my iPhone 6 to Apple as the home button didn't seem to be operating properly, it seemed to be only traveling about half the distance as normal, they had one look and said it would need replacing along with the screen as its one piece.
    They did the work and the home button is working perfectly, that was a week ago but today I noticed at 1pm the battery was bellow 50% (started the day at 100%) and the back of the phone was hot, I've not had any issues with the phone before, any ideas?

2. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

Could it be another app maybe doing something crazy in the background? I listen to pandora a lot, and when I do I would say 1 out of 5 attempts something goes crazy and makes my phone work overtime and gets hot, loses 1% per minute until I force quit the app, and sometimes it takes a hard reset of the phone too.
    You may want to try that. I'm not saying your issue is PANDORA but could be another app doing the same thing it has for me.
    For reference, I've had this happen on serval iPhone 6 's I've had (not 6S) and several iOS iterations so its nothing thats been able to be resolved yet.
    Brad

3. ZivaD thread starter macrumors member

ZivaD

I've gone through the usual power checks but its the first post repair issue I've had, i'll see how it goes :)

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If the store isn't far away I would just take it in and tell them what's going on. At worst, you waste a bit of time. They should be able to plug in and run a quick diagnostic to see if anything is amiss.