Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mathletics

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2014
Orlando, FL
I'm hoping that having an Apple watch will make it much more reasonable in the future to upgrade to the bigger plus size phones. The biggest factor for me choosing the iPhone 6 over the 6+ was that it was much smaller and could fit in my pocket at the gym. With the capabilities of the :apple:watch I won't have this excuse anymore. I think that it will be much more reasonable in the future to have a bigger phone because we wil be able to have a lot of the same features that drew us to a smaller phone on the watch.... But only time will tell.

hufflematt

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2015
UK
I'm hoping that having an Apple watch will make it much more reasonable in the future to upgrade to the bigger plus size phones. The biggest factor for me choosing the iPhone 6 over the 6+ was that it was much smaller and could fit in my pocket at the gym. With the capabilities of the :apple:watch I won't have this excuse anymore. I think that it will be much more reasonable in the future to have a bigger phone because we wil be able to have a lot of the same features that drew us to a smaller phone on the watch.... But only time will tell.

I'm kinda the other way round. I'm getting an Apple Watch in part because I have a 6+ and it's a hassle taking it out of my pocket.

zacheryjensen

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2009
I'm a third combination of this idea, I switched to the iPhone 6 Plus in anticipation of the watch... and I can't wait to get it, this "phone" is a pain to pull out of my pocket 150 times a day, but, I do like it a lot when I'm doing more in-depth use, like reading or playing a game.

I think the watch and 6+ will make a dynamic duo.

sb22

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2012
It's one of the biggest reasons I'm going for the watch, after a short stint with a pebble I really liked the 6+ having a partner in crime

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I feel the same. I have a 6 Plus and whilst I love the screen size especially for things like Internet, Facebook, Twitter for example it can be a bit cumbersome taking it out of my pocket. My Pebble currently goes part way to alleviate this buts obviously not as functional or sophisticated and the :apple:Watch and iPhone 6 Plus will make a better combination.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I love my 6+ but its a bit too heavy in the pockets of my shorts when I go running. Looking forward to leaving it at home and using my watch instead.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I traded my 6 for a 6+ back in December for this reason as well. I knew I'd be getting an  Watch and figured that would make having a bigger phone less of a PITA. Turns out I prefer the 6+ after all, anyway :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.