iPhone 6+ Performance vs iPhone 6 Performance (Long Term)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jack Delgado, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Jack Delgado, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

Jack Delgado macrumors regular

Jack Delgado

This is a legitmate thought that I've had, looking for serious discussion.

I purchased an iPhone 6+, like it plenty, yada yada. However, I have seen a few notes made by others that in certain applications, the UI stutters, seemingly due to the iPhone 6+ needing to handle whatever slightly-higher-than-1080p image it renders to, then downscales to 1080p.

I have read that the iPhone 6 does not have this issue.

That said, is anyone here concerned about the long-term viability of their iPhone 6+ in terms of performance? I don't think it's necessarily as bad as the iPad 3 debacle, what with the underpowered cpu driving the retina display... but I do wonder if anyone else shares the potential fear that the resolution of the 6+ could become a strain into the future.

Thoughts?

Edit: I should note that I have seen some of the stuttering myself (mostly in 3D applications), though it hasn't bothered me terribly.

2. madKIR macrumors 6502

I have both. I see some stuttering on the Plus when opening a new tab in Safari. I feel like it's a new iPad 3 in terms of longevity or the lack thereof. Most likely I'm gonna return it and keep the regular one until next year when the new Plus is released in all its glory. I like a lot of things about it, but performance wise it's underpowered even though some casual users might not ever notice it.

3. Jack Delgado thread starter macrumors regular

Jack Delgado

I've also noticed this and am thinking about swapping it out, solely on long-term viability.

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yeah, I anticipate the 6 Plus won't handle future releases of iOS very nicely, the onscreen graphics benchmarks being a solid indicator of this (somewhere around half of the performance of the iPhone 6)

5. myztikal47 macrumors regular

The UI on my iPhone 6 regular stutters when I'm in the wallpaper settings and scrolling through the wallpapers. I thought I was just swiping wrong or had another finger touching the screen, but nope.....it was stutter :(.

6. mac.cali macrumors 65816

7. RobNor macrumors 6502

Some of the UI stutters on the iPad air were fixed by a software update.I am seeing a few stutters but it's no where near as bad as the ipad 3 was

8. Big Dookie macrumors member

Yeah, if there are issues (and that's a big IF at this point), they don't seem to be anywhere near the extent of the iPad 3. On that one, it was immediately obvious that the device was being seriously restrained by hardware. So far, the 6+ seems zippy enough when I compare it with my wife's 6.