iPhone 6 Play button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jeffie20, Nov 8, 2014.

1. jeffie20, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

jeffie20 macrumors newbie

I want to know if anyone has a theory for why Apple did not include a play button on the new generation of iPhones. Again.

The nano has a wonderful rocker button like the one on headphones. Apple seems to have made a deliberate choice to not include it on the last two generations of iPhone. The button would make operation of bluetooth speakers much easier. I, personally, would enjoy controlling my music from my pocket without reaching up to the headphones or pulling my phone out to find the "virtual buttons" via multiple steps.

Is this an effort to keep iphone users from using non-apple headphones? Because there are plenty of third party headphones. Unless, of course, they are paying royalties to Apple for the inclusion of the control. I have a 4s because I iphone 5 didn't have it. Now, iPhone 6 also doesn't have it. Should I just assume Apple never plans on adding this convenience?

In either case, why would the nano have such a great improvement but the last few iphones do not???

2. jeffie20 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does the lack of a response despite a lot of view means that no one else sees need for this feature?