iPhone 6 Plus (2014) = Gold iPhone 5S (2013). Really?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ddngo, Sep 15, 2014.

1. ddngo macrumors newbie

People are comparing this year's high demand for the iPhone 6 Plus to last year's rush for the elusive gold iPhone 5S.

In a way, I see the general point, which is that the phone sold out online and getting one on launch day will be that much harder.

But surely, the iPhone 6 Plus is an entire model family, which comes in 3 colors and 3 sizes, whereas the gold was merely a color. iPhone 5S also was not available for preorder.

The assumption here is that Apple is basically not making an entire product family, which is unlikely. A certain space configuration and/or color option may be in more of a shortage than others, but surely not all will be as elusive as people make it seem.

I am not saying the iPhone 6 Plus will be easy to be found (it may still still require some waiting in line - and you very well may forget about getting one if you roll into a store in the afternoon of 9/19), but to say that NO MODEL AND NO COLOR will be available unless you camp out from at least 8 pm the night before at least misguided.

2. griffinmeyer macrumors member

I definitely agree with this. Well said.

Being that the 128 GB Space Gray 6+ sold out the fastest though, I can see why that would be the hardest to get your hands on....