iPhone 6 Plus Aluminum Bumper (Gold)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by abercrombie, Oct 9, 2014.

1. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

There are a ton of sellers selling these same bumpers in a variety of colors so on Amazon just search "iphone 6 aluminum bumper" and "plus" if you have that version. You'll notice holes in the side where the antennas are located in an attempt to lessen any interference. It doesn't offer much protection to the front and back, so I use Armor Suit that is a transparent skin to protect the front and back. Also, of concern is that the rounded aluminum edges continues to make the iPhone feel slippery when held only by the sides. To me, it just looks elegant. Oh well, style over comfort...

These are my pics and not stock photos.

Attached Files:

2. vishavg macrumors member

Could you please post a link to this specific one?

3. newone757 macrumors 6502

Yep I posted pics of the Silver on my space grey. Agree with everything said. I have the skinomi full body skin for protection. It's definitely just as slippery as a naked phone and wuthering the skin on the sides of my phone the button aren't the most responsive but I just love the look and naked feel without the risk of scratching my phone up

4. microlizer macrumors newbie

Does the camera touch when laying the phone down on a table? I believe yours is different than the one newone757 has (the volume buttons are slightly recessed). There are quite a few different designs floating around eBay and aliexpress.

5. arliu macrumors regular

6. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

Wow this is awesome, really liking the look of this bumper.

7. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

Do you have a feel for the impact on reception both WIFI and Cell? Could you test with and without the case.

8. Marcus72 macrumors member

I'm looking for case for avoid having aluminum touching my skin, gessh here a case made of it. If you know anybody with Alzheimer/Demetia in their life will understand why avoid Aluminum at cost.

9. abercrombie, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014

abercrombie thread starter macrumors regular

abercrombie

Hello, here's the link.

It only protects the sides. It does not elevate the phone from any surfaces.

newone757 did some signal tests along with some pics here.

:apple:

10. newone757 macrumors 6502

Yep I didn't notice that. His buttons are a bit more protruded. I like the recessed look better BUT I'm willing to bet his buttons are more responsive and definitely easier to find in the dark. Nice

11. abercrombie thread starter macrumors regular

abercrombie

UPDATE: Finally got to work, able to do real world test on the signal. I don't have any special software to check signals but the signal loss is horrible since I work deep inside my building. No WIFI nor AT&T signal at all.

I had to remove the aluminum case here at work and I'm just using a clear gel case. :(

12. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

Guys check out the case I got - I cant vouche for performance or how it works yet since its still being shipping.

But i am hooping the TPU "pan" that protects all metal and back will also reduce or eleminate signal reduction since there is no touching of metal to metal.

Look at my post here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=20015018#post20015018

13. abercrombie thread starter macrumors regular

abercrombie

The signal loss to AT&T at work (deep inside a multi-story concrete building) is not good, but I do get WIFI. Outside of work, perfectly fine so, I've decided to just go with it. Here are more pics with natural lighting.

:apple:

Attached Files:

14. newone757 macrumors 6502

Yep I was at a sports complex yesterday and had some app specific signal issues (could browse instagram and play clash of clans, but safari and flip board wouldn't work) so u just removed the case for the few minutes I needed to and then put it back.

Glad it's so easy to remove it (no screws!)

15. toxicity033 macrumors member

this looks nice but I'm concerned about the signal lost and it scratching your phone. I'm waiting for the zagg version which looks a lot more high quality.

16. newone757 macrumors 6502

The zagg does look to be pretty nice. I'll be watching

17. abercrombie thread starter macrumors regular

abercrombie

They have inside liners to prevent scratching the actual phone.

Attached Files:

18. bartonjd macrumors member

19. abercrombie thread starter macrumors regular

abercrombie

Here's the link.