iPhone 6 plus app launch delay

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gongroger, Nov 24, 2014.

1. gongroger macrumors newbie

I'm using 6 plus 8.1.1 since 8.0. I have also been using iPhone since 4. I use all of the latest iPhone for all of the latest iOS updates since iOS 4. The reason I like Apple is the smooth of UI. However in this time, iOS 8 with iPhone 6 plus, UI is never been that smooth again, especially the issue for App launching, when you press the icon of the app, it delays like 0.5 second to show the animation, I did some experiments and found that if this app is launched recently and still being running at background, the animation will be started with no delay after pressing the app icon, if the app hasn't been pressed for long time and even not in the background, you will find the delay like 0.5 second. If the app has been just closed from background and press it again, it will sometimes has 0.2 sec delay also. You may find no reason that talking about 0.5 sec delay but the thing is Apple has never been releasing such iOS updates for new iPhone product with such user experience. In Apple air 2, no and never had such issue, if the reason is the 2G RAM of air 2, then why Apple never put 2G for 6 plus? But I don't think is the issue of RAM, as if I clear all the background of 6 plus and start some seldom used apps, the delay is still there. Anyone can help on this? I'm using fresh iOS 8 not backup from iOS 7, so I don't think I need to do reset or hard reset this kind of things as I have already tried. Will Apple release new iOS 8 updates to fix my concern?

2. gongroger thread starter macrumors newbie