iPhone 6 Plus "Apple Leather Case" w/ Holster "PICS"

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bwsteg, Sep 22, 2014.

1. bwsteg macrumors 6502

I've been looking for a holster that I can use in conjunction with my apple leather case and finally found one at Best Buy.

The Holster is a perfect fit with apple's leather case or any slim type case such as Spigen's neo hybrid, etc. (The Holster does include its on case as well)

Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is perfect for those who want to use a holster without having to go the route of otterbox..Now you can have both the hoslter and a perfectly slim case from Apple or Spigen..

2. bgro macrumors 6502a

I actually might do this. I saw those in Best Buy..think it was $35? So that's basically an $85 case! Ouch..

3. bwsteg thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes $35..You don't need to use the apple leather case. The actual holster/case combo includes a case as well..

4. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

I find a lot of them stick out too far from your body, could you take couple of pic. of side view? thanks.

5. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Love these holsters. Usually get Seidio. These are cheaper and look the same.

I will be heading to BestBuy...

6. bwsteg thread starter macrumors 6502

I posted side pics and this holster doesn't stick out at all..Its actually very close to the belt...

7. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

can I see pics of the actual case back? is it a kickstand case like seidio makes?

thanks

8. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

Best Buy has the holster?

9. bwsteg thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes..I believe the brand is a BB exclusive so its only found there..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/platinum-protective-case-and-holster-for-apple-iphone-6-plus-black/8548276.p?id=1219345072350&skuId=8548276&st=categoryid$abcat0811006&cp=1&lp=4

10. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

So you have to get the case, I'm ok with that.

11. bwsteg thread starter macrumors 6502

The case is included with the holster..Whether you use the included case, apple leather case, spigen, etc. is up to you...

12. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

Best Buy has them but doesn't work with Spigen Tough Armor.

13. ihonda macrumors 68000

is the case that comes with this hard plastic or silicone? it looks very thin. I'm thinking of picking it up. and how durable do you think the spring is on the holster? sedio quality or less?

14. bgro macrumors 6502a

It's hard plastic. Not terrible quality imo..the fit is real tight and it's hard to pull off.

15. ihonda macrumors 68000

interesting. matte or gloss finish on the case?

this case reminds me of my blackberry bold 9000 days, i wish the iPhone was like the iPad and had the magnetic thing to put it to sleep mode. BB had it and i loved every minute of it.

16. bgro macrumors 6502a

It's a matte finish..

17. ihonda macrumors 68000

i went and got one, its a decent case BUT i HATE that its one of those slider cases, thus because its a slider case its a little loose to me. i tried to put some cotton balls along the edges to make a tight fit which is did but now the slider comes apart too easy. shame because its such a nice setup.

18. bgro macrumors 6502a

That's strange. I tried on two cases on my plus and both fit so tight I could barely get them off

19. bwsteg thread starter macrumors 6502

When you say, the fit is real tight? Do you mean the case to the holster? What case are you using?

If you're using the included case or apple leather case (or similar case), its a perfect and smooth fit.

This holster operates exactly like the lifeproof holster...

----------

The tough Armor is too thick..

20. bgro macrumors 6502a

I mean the case that comes with the Platinum holster fits extremely tight on the iPhone. I just had alot of trouble trying to get the case off after I tried it on at Best Buy.

21. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

OP, it will be interesting to know if the leather gets worn at the top where it will rub against the moving holder at the top of the holster.

I have put stick on felt and other softer material on Seidio holsters in the past to protect cases.

22. childoftheko4n macrumors regular

Wanted to add that i have this case/holster as well and its actually really solid. I picked it up to use while i wait for my leather case to show up, mainly for the case and not as much the holster. Not going to lie tho, the case is really nice. I was pretty impressed.

23. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

Anyone use this with the silicone case? I like the slimness this holster provides!

24. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

I think Seidio makes these Platinum cases for Bestbuy.

25. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

These are identical to the Seidio cases and holsters. The Platinum series is made by Seidio for Best Buy. I have had both and can't tell any difference between the two except for the branding. I have had this combo on every iPhone since the 3GS and have never broken the belt clip. I have a friend that has broken a few from wearing them while in his car and sitting on the holster.