Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oh*216Zealot*iO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Hey, fellow iPhone and Apple enthusiasts; new here to the forums. I have been a loyal Apple/iPhone supporter for about 10 years now. Just received my silver iPhone 6 Plus via FedEx yesterday and couldn't be happier but with the exception of ONE minor (but sometimes MAJOR) gripe: app content size(s).

I'm sure a lot of you have noticed how (most) apps appear to be "bloated" and/or stretched out, opposed to clearer, more refined and polished apps that have already been updated to fit smoothly/clearly on the Plus' 5.5" screen.

Below, I will show examples of what I am referring to (eg. Twitter: updated; Facebook: not updated) and how both appear when viewed on the larger screen. Notice how the top line of the iPhone 6 Plus' screen (where carrier, time and battery life is located) varies in size in both examples, as well as overall content appearance and keyboard presence.

My question, though, is this: How long do most believe that it will take to update ALL (or a large majority) of your favorite apps to fit the iPhone 6 Plus' bigger screen, and is it a big (or small) distraction in regard to an otherwise fantastic iOS device added to the Apple smartphone lineup? Thanks for any and all opinions in advance, guys (and gals)!

ccddcdf3b33130aeeb72c6fb3168e931.jpg

8a0a7053f16fed3c83d0e1f63d19209b.jpg

110938bb7b694fc50374e7deb03d1510.jpg

855ac1b31585e5022ffe3d0b6d48b261.jpg

a1c5e1ee2a0cd0e6a625cc061ec01498.jpg

da7b3465baa391d5f5fb41e3a2d621eb.jpg

Oh*216Zealot*iO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
So I'm the ONLY one who has this problem or has noticed this issue with the iPhone 6 Plus? Lol.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
iPhone 6 Plus Apps (5.5" Compatible vs. 5.5" NON-Compatible)

No, you're not the only one. Those apps mentioned just needs to be optimized. I've also noticed this on my 6 when using Facebook and Viber. The updates will roll out soon.

Oh*216Zealot*iO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
iPhone 6 Plus Apps (5.5" Compatible vs. 5.5" NON-Compatible)

I didn't think so, but the lack of responses had me thinking otherwise or that maybe I'm the only one who's OCD kicked in after finally noticing. Lol.

Twitter knocked it out of the park with their iPhone 6 Plus app layout, which makes me wonder why one of the largest and most successful social networks/businesses of ALL TIME (Facebook) can't be on top of things and roll out a decent, updated app in time, as well as companies such as ESPN, Bleacher Report, YouTube, Google, The Weather Channel, and hell EVEN Tapatalk (which I'm using to post here).

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I didn't think so, but the lack of responses had me thinking otherwise or that maybe I'm the only one who's OCD kicked in after finally noticing. Lol.

Twitter knocked it out of the park with their iPhone 6 Plus app layout, which makes me wonder why one of the largest and most successful social networks/businesses of ALL TIME (Facebook) can't be on top of things and roll out a decent, updated app in time, as well as companies such as ESPN, Bleacher Report, YouTube, Google, The Weather Channel, and hell EVEN Tapatalk (which I'm using to post here).

I wouldn't go so far as to call Facebook the most successful businesses of all time. But otherwise, just give it some time. Many apps are still being updated to iOS 8, much less iPhone 6+ specifically.

andyp350

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2011
I don't think it's that no one cares, it's that most people who bought a Plus were fully aware this would be an issue until updates started rolling out.
It's like when the 5 came out and all the apps had black bars at the top and bottom for months after.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.