Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BD1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Is there a list anywhere of the iPhone 6 Plus apps that have split screen in landscape, etc. like the Mail app?

I just got an iPhone 6 Plus a week ago and would like know what other apps besides Mail and Messages take advantage of the larger screen size in landscape?

Besides splitscreen in landscape and home screen rotation, is there anything else that is unique to the 6 Plus software?

Thx.

MacinJosh

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2006
Finland
I don't think there's any list of such apps just because there really aren't that many. Workflow is one and Facebook Messenger is another. I've come to learn that 90% of people use phones, including the 6+, in portrait mode so devs don't bother implementing landscape mode. If they do, it's just the UI stretched retardedly across the screen. Huge disappointment for me. Take YouTube and Netflix apps. Both are used for watching videos in landscape, yet the UI is only portrait. So you're flipping the phone back and forth between portrait and landscape. Unbelievable.

The 6+ has major bugs with landscape you will find infuriating once the novelty wears out. Other 6+-only software features is the landscape keyboard which is a huge fail.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Yes, unfortunately there are almost no apps that offer landscape support for the 6+. I hope that with time developers will start adjusting their apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.