iPhone 6 Plus available in store today (no pre order)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thrill5one6, Sep 20, 2014.

1. thrill5one6 macrumors regular

thrill5one6

FYI - Check your local stock. AT&T didn't ship out my 128GB iPhone 6 Plus Gold yet. When my local store showed inventory is available I canceled my att order ( https://www.wireless.att.com/business/order_status ) and selected to upgrade and pick up in store today! :D

2. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

Pick up at an Apple Store?

3. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

+1 I bought mine earlier this morning not too long ago was emailed the okay that my device is available for pick up. :) There are still iPhone 6 Plus phones available in my area from like 2:30 this morning when they updated their inventory.

----------

yea

4. cnotes2019 Suspended

5. jasperk99 macrumors regular

If you are a business customer, how are you able to buy phone at apple store?

6. iceman27 macrumors newbie

Question for anyone who may have done this, I have a preorder in for a 6+ and scheduled delivery the first week of November.

Now I see a local apple store has them in stock. If I cancel my apple.com order today will I be able to turn around quickly and order one for in store pickup?

7. mofoliar macrumors regular

mofoliar

my area around chico,ca all the way down to Sacramento been out of 6 plus for a few weeks, went to reno for overnight and i walked into the apple store and was surprised that they have any in stock and 128G for that matter, walked out with 2 of them.. use 1 for verizon and other t-mobile..

I did notice that they are both the same model 1522 probably cuz both unlocked out of the box...

8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Well all AT&T/Verizon/T-moble have the same model A1522. So even if you purchased the AT&T device only, it is unlocked. And you can pop in a verizon sim card and it will work on AT&T device, provided that it is already activated.

9. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

If your using an upgrade, don't. I just did that, cancelled my order and apparently my upgrade eligibility won't be reversed for 72 hours, so now I'll have to wait until I can even order it again on the website and the store is already sold out. This has been the most frustrating expierence ever trying to get this phone.

10. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Neither of my local Apple stores were showing availability today for online orders, so I drove over to the one closest to my house and managed to get a 64GB Gold 6+ reserved.

I was thinking I'd get a 128, since my original 6+ was a 128GB (I gave it up so my eldest could have one), but 64GB should suit me well enough this time around.

I was really surprised to find an AT&T 6+ by lining up. My local stores have really only shown Sprint stock and occasional unlocked/T-Mobile phones that vanished the instant I tried to order them online for the past few weeks now.

Go figure.

11. macsation, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014

macsation macrumors member

macsation

I picked up an ATT, 128, black iPhone Plus today at the montgomery mall apple store in Bethesda, Md. Had a preorder since day one through ATT with no movement on the Nov ship date. I just so happened to be in the mall and decided to wait in line outside the store and ask if they had a plus. Lo n behold, they did!

Went to ATT store at the mall and canceled my order. I was upgrade eligible right away. I went back and purchased the plus.

All I can say about this baby is sweeeet! haha.

12. papashango9 macrumors member

did u get the impression that they had more or u got a random last one? did you actually have to wait in a line?

13. macsation, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014

macsation macrumors member

macsation

I got the impression that they had a handful of both 16gb and 128gb ATT. Not sure about other carriers.

Yes, I waited in a line. Not too long though; like 10 ppl or so.

14. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

these days, if you can't find the model you want -- you aren't looking hard enough.

15. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

Here in south Florida there have been virtually -0- T-Mobile stock of any kind in the Apple stores. They are showing stock now.for verizon units, so i got up early, first in line. Grab a sales associate and tell them a VZW 6 plus in 64gig please. She says all the ones in stock are reserved for on line sales only. 3 weeks now been trying to locate one local. Nothing.