iPhone 6 Plus battery defect?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xxjonoxx, Sep 21, 2014.

1. xxjonoxx macrumors regular

xxjonoxx

I stopped using my phone last night with 48% remaining. When I woke up this morning it was dead. Roughly 7 hours of standby time. When I tried to restart it it would just sort of light the screen then go back off. Didn't even show a dead battery icon. Plugged it in and started it. Battery showed 4%. Then it just turns off. Trying to restart it is does the same thing. No dead battery icon, just tries to light the screen over and over. I recorded it where it said 4% then immediately Jumped to 1% then went off. Still didn't show a dead battery icon when trying to start it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VvmZJTrqgPA

2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Take it to the Apple Store, they'll give you a new one faster than you can say "My phone is..."

Believe me, when launching a new product, they want to keep all customers ridiculously happy.

3. Azzin macrumors 68040

4. xxjonoxx thread starter macrumors regular

xxjonoxx

I'm still debating what to do, gonna fully charge it another time and see what happens. If it happens again I'll be going to the Apple Store.

5. WizardHowl macrumors newbie

My sprint 128 6 plus did something very similar to this last night too! I ran my battery down to approximately 5% and then it just shut off. When I tried to turn it on it would go to the apple logo and then start this continuous cycle of the apple logo and then going off, no low battery icon. To stop this cycle I had to plug my phone in for a few minutes then it went past the apple logo. Wasn't sure if this was a software or hardware issue. Thought maybe the battery still needed to be cycled so I didn't post about it until I saw your post. Well keep an eye on it for now?

6. xxjonoxx thread starter macrumors regular

xxjonoxx

Yeah, gonna keep an eye on it. Will post again here with results if anything else happens.

7. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Had my charges to 100% last night before I went to bed. Went to sleep with it off the charger. Was still at 100% when I woke up 6 hours later.

8. Downs2011 macrumors regular

Check your battery usage and see if there is a specific app causing the drain. Either way it's probably not normal but I'm curious to know if you had an app open that caused it to drain.

9. xxjonoxx thread starter macrumors regular

xxjonoxx

Only thing from the last 24 hours that pulled any significant usage was Home and Lock Screen and Safari.

10. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Do you have any widgets running on the today screen? With iOS 8 I noticed that the yahoo weather app was constantly attempting to utilize the location service. My battery was draining faster due to this so I removed that widget. I believe the "home and lock screen" usually shows high battery usage due to these widgets.

11. xxjonoxx thread starter macrumors regular

xxjonoxx

I had everything except the weather channel running for widgets. I just disabled them all as I never use that feature. Good tip.

12. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

Also was there any restore process or something going on in the background?

13. xxjonoxx thread starter macrumors regular

xxjonoxx

Negative, I set it up as a new phone and even disabled all background app refreshes before this happened.