iPhone 6 Plus battery dying

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by goddard1, Aug 27, 2016.

1. goddard1 macrumors newbie

My iPhone 6 Plus battery is dying quickly, and also below 50% it drops to 0% within minutes, sometimes unexpectedly shutting down without the usual 20% and 10% warnings. My application use has stayed the same since I bought it new in Sept 2014. I took it into the Apple store twice, and both times their diagnostic tool showed the battery was in good condition. One of the Apple geniuses said it might be a software issue, so I restored the phone from DFU mode, and set it up as a new iPhone. I looked through all apps that used location, background updates, etc, and Even with hardly any apps on it the battery went from 50% to 20, 10, then 0 in a matter of a few minutes. I'm convinced it's the battery wear, on Apple's diagnostic it said I've had 500+ cycles. Could the fact I use the iPad charger all the time, and also my phone is almost always plugged in confuse the battery sensors or damage the battery? My Apple care ends in 20 days... :(

2. Jimrod macrumors 65816

I've got exactly the same issue. I've still got an iPhone 3G, 4 and 5 without the problem so maybe something changed with the longevity of the 6 battery... Not sure really but first issue I've had with an iPhone in all these years.

I was going to "upgrade" to the 7 anyway but since that looks so underwhelming I think I'll sell my 6 for the £290 I can get online and just buy an SE now!

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

If you will search, you are but one of many who have complained about the strange battery behavior.

4. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

Mine just started after updating to iOS 10 beta 7.

5. DadBod630 macrumors regular

My situation is exactly the same as yours except with a regular iPhone 6. 500 plus cycles, battery wear "okay", I started over with a fresh install of iOS and it hasn't helped. The Apple Store guys insisted it was a software issue but at this point I'm pretty sure it's not. I'm going back to the Apple Store on Tuesday.

6. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

iPhone 6 Plus wasn't a very good model.

Such a shame that Apple charges premium prices then delivers such a poor quality phone. My iPhone 6 Plus was an Overpriced disappointment.

My iPhone 6S Plus is OK.

Apple used to be so much better!

7. Loco Emperor macrumors regular

My 6s has done this a lot tbh. I can be using it and it seems to die by the minute.