iPhone 6 Plus battery getting worse???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 0612457, Nov 1, 2014.

1. 0612457 Suspended

Seems like my phone battery has been getting worse the longer I've had my phone (over a month now). Similar trends with past iPhones as well. First day I get it charge and seems like it lasts forever till a few weeks go by and it's back to having to charge more often. First couple weeks or so I was able to go a full day without charging with heavy use. Now I need to charge 2 times a day. Maybe it's because I have more apps now and are using more battery or maybe theres a setting that i should turn off? any advice or similar results??

2. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Have you done all the usual things? Auto brightness? Background app refresh? Bluetooth? Location services? Personally I have location services on as well as Bluetooth and still get great battery life with my 6 plus.

3. 0612457 thread starter Suspended

Auto brightness on bluetooth on location services on only for a few apps

4. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I have found a few apps that are not optimized to work with iOS 8 and/or iPhone 6 Plus have caused pretty serious battery drain.

5. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

What kind of usage are you getting? From a full charge how many hours usage does your iPhone report?

6. BigMar89 macrumors 6502

I hear ya. Have you checked out your diagnostic logs? I have been getting a lot of Jetsam crash logs which is due to low memory which leads to rapid battery drain. People keep insisting that 1GB of RAM ( 6 Plus actually has 976 MB of RAM) is enough for a behemoth of a phone but that's absoluetely not the case. I purchased this device due to the phenomenal battery that was advertised and I achieve that first couple cycles at launch but now I'm barely getting 10 hours of usage in a day which doesn't cut it.

Attached Files:

7. 0612457 thread starter Suspended

How can I view this log for my phone?

8. BigMar89 macrumors 6502

under Privacy.

Attached Files:

9. 0612457 thread starter Suspended

Heres my usage

Attached Files:

10. 0612457 thread starter Suspended

Mines the same full of Jetsam crash logs. How can we fix this?

11. Shadowbech macrumors 601

If you go tap into one of it, it tells you what apps is causing this. You will just have to force close that app or delete and reinstall. Or hope that Apple will fix this bug sometimes soon. But deleting and re-installing won't fix that as it will still pop up.

I never got this jetsam event log on 8.0.

12. 0612457 thread starter Suspended

How can I see what app this is from?

13. BigMar89 macrumors 6502

I didn't get them until 8.0.2

8.0 was the version where my battery usage was absolutely phenomenal. I was getting 13-4 hours of usage with 36 hours of standby. Loved it.

----------

Where it says "largest process" on my end its been from backboardd and WebKit which essentially is is OS itself so hopefully this can fixed in the next update

I don't like where iOS is going, the OS has took a performance hit since iOS 7 was introduced. I switched to iOS from Android for the simplicity, straightforward, buttery smooth user experience but now it just reminds me of Android with all these performance bugs

14. 0612457 thread starter Suspended

Mine has a couple diff ones. backboardd , media server, twitter and SMS

15. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

Most days I get 10+ hours with constant use. There are days that the % dwindles quickly. I guess it depends on usage habits. But by no means does it appear to be a cumulative diminishing problem.

16. stasha macrumors 6502

13% of home screen batt utilisation is unormal,mine only 6 % for 8 hours utilisation and the last charging was 20 hours ago ,turn off the paralax effect and choose the notification that you dont really need

17. Steve686 macrumors 68040

Steve686

You really use a lot of multimedia data transfer and your cellular signal is a 1/5 strength reading. That won't help, for sure.