iPhone 6 Plus battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WolfSnap, Oct 12, 2014.

1. WolfSnap macrumors 6502a

WolfSnap

I'm trying to figure out if reformatting my iPhone 6 Plus would be worth it.

I get about 8-9 hours of USAGE (fairly heavy usage) before it dies. I get a fair amount of standby time, so it's not draining while in standby.

I have background updates on for a few apps, bluetooth/wifi on, etc...

Is this a reasonable life for the phone? Would I get better battery life if I reformatted the device and setup as scratch? What is "normal" for the iPhone 6+?

2. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

It is reasonable with 8-9 hrs heavy use, and if you decide to do a clean restore, just wait for the ios 8.1, should come out soon.

3. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

I find standby time with the app usage not as good as I expected but as usage alone I think it does great, including 13hrs usage.

Attached Files:

4. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

That's pretty decent for heavy usage I think.

Here's what I get with in and off usage:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413155578.669431.jpg

5. robertopod1968 macrumors member

6. docprego macrumors 65816

What do you have your brightness set to?

7. robertopod1968 macrumors member

For me it's on auto and about 40%

8. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Auto brightness for me.

9. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

I am getting HORRIBLE battery life. Any advice?

Background app refresh is off. Most of the main location services are off. All mail is set to fetch hourly

Attached Files:

10. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

I getting about 12 hours usage - not doing anything very intensive.

11. richgirl macrumors member

I get about 8-10 hours heavy usage and this is with third party apps, lots of likes and notifications coming in from instagram.

I've noticed that those who get 11 or more hours of usage are those who listen to alot of music, podcast, streaming & etc. Those barely use any battery.

It appears that anywhere from 8-10 hours is normal. I've even got as low as 6 hrs and 43 mins when I had IG going crazy all day (I get 300-500 likes per pic) so notifications going off like cray cray!

12. richgirl macrumors member

Just thought I'd add the following. Here is two examples of what a day could like for me.

The first screenshot is if I'm using heavy, third party apps, tons of notifications & etc (I know people say to turn them off but IG is apart of my business and if you're turning EVERYTHING off you're not utilizing the purpose of having an iphone, imo). THIS WAY, I get on average an hour every 10 percent.

[​IMG]

Below, is an example of when I incorporate music into the equation. This is what an hour of music does.

[​IMG]

I'm still at 100%. Most of these people getting 11+ hours have some form of music streaming in their list. This is with music a the bottom of my app usage list. You can't even see it on there because I rarely listen to music on my iphone. But because the app usage list only shows the past 24 hrs (versus what you're using now), it just shows the apps that you've beem using ALOT in the past day, not what you're accurately doing now. So sometimes people listening to alot of music is not always represented in their screenshots.

13. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Battery life is very subjective and it all depends on what you do on your phone and what settings you have on. Here is an example of mine:

How I get 16-17 hours of usage is simply by listening to music. So really about 4-5 hours are from listening to music. So I would say around average of 10 to 12 hours of usage is pretty good for the 6 Plus.

Attached Files:

14. bnekic, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  15. jzj687 macrumors regular

I'd be very curious to see your full charge capacity from iBackupBot

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

For heavy usage, that's pretty good battery life if you ask me.

17. andrewsGF50 macrumors member

andrewsGF50

Is my battery fine? What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

18. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I was using the Voxer app and found that it was causing constant battery drain. A 3rd party app may be the culprit.